Me learning how to use Kung Fu in free sparring

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I was reviewing some videos from last week and thought it would be a good idea of me to share some video clips of me learning how to use various Kung Fu techniques. I'm the guy in all black.

Some background on the video: Light sparring with the goal of me learning how to use various Jow Ga techniques. By learning, I mean learning timing, entry, and correct application of a technique. The video is a version of light sparring that students do for the main purpose of being able to make a mistake without paying a heavy price for making that mistake. All of the techniques in the video are techniques that I currently lack the skill to be able to successfully use in a fight. My sparring partner used to do TKD and after looking at the video it seems that he is

What you'll see in the video: You'll see me trying to work out approaches to various techniques and you'll see the difficulty of being able to trust a martial art technique fully without bailing out.

The high kick isn't something we train or use so I know that kick may look awkward or slow.

towards the end you'll get to see me try to slip punches using a Jow Ga technique. I failed big time.

Here's the video

Latest Discussions