Mayweather vs McGregor

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, overtraining syndrome happens in all sports, not specifically MMA, it happens in boxing too.
How Do You Know
LOL, overtraining syndrome happens in all sports, not specifically MMA, it happens in boxing too.
[URL='https://www.verywell.com/overtraining-syndrome-and-athletes-3119386']How Do You Know If You Are Exercising Too Much?

If You Are Exercising Too Much?[/URL]
not if you have a professional coach it doesnt

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so you have just reverted to your usual silliness rather than actually deal with the point,

Really? You don't understand sarcasm?

Look, this is a discussion site ( supposed to be friendly) someone says something, someone else replies and a discussion ensues. A few words doesn't make a meaningful discussion. People put forward that Conor was unfit/gassed. He said publicity that he couldn't last, now the idea is to discuss a few reasons why someone can gas. I put up a couple of reasons different from not doing enough cardio, everyone else can then discuss experiences of overtraining, head injuries etc. ( as in why rugby players are taken off the field after one blow to the head but combat sports lets fighters carry on getting hit in the head, quite a decent discussion can be had here) There's premises and hypothesis to chat about, why fighters can gas, why they don't... oh you know lots of interesting conversations. Yes people disagree, but they don't have to take it personally, they don't have to attack other posters, ( well personal attacks are against the rules here) they can disagree, it doesn't have to be all black, white and macho men playing silly buggers on here and sounding like z list celebrities on Big Brother.
Take your comment, that's not a discussion point it's a terse couple of words, why don't you chill and actually start conversing instead of being all moody.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i like him a great deal ,from a distance obviously, he to a large part lost that fight on fitness, at age 28 against a forty year old.
that seems to be a cold stone fact, why he wasn't fit enough is a,subject of interest to me. If you have another option that doesn't include him not training hard enough then id like to hear it?
I think DB's assessment of the difference in doing a new format is pretty important. McGregor was going to have a problem establishing the pace necessary for a boxing format. How much of what happened was sub-optimal conditioning and how much was the format change? That's going to be guesswork, even from experts.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This thread is really lacking in balance. Who's going to act as mayweathers apologist?

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think DB's assessment of the difference in doing a new format is pretty important. McGregor was going to have a problem establishing the pace necessary for a boxing format. How much of what happened was sub-optimal conditioning and how much was the format change? That's going to be guesswork, even from experts.

Here is a theory. Go out do some kyokashin sparring. Come back tell me how tired you got. Slightly different format. Big change to your ability to cardio.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Youtube Title - Heartbreaking Emotional Conor McGregor says Sorry to Dana White after Mayweather loss

I like the relationship between Dana and Conor still a fan of Conor he should take another week off and really study martial arts and boxing and getting fitness levels right up not fight anyone just yet in the new year yes.

In my opinion as always! ;)

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
Youtube Title - Heartbreaking Emotional Conor McGregor says Sorry to Dana White after Mayweather loss

I like the relationship between Dana and Conor still a fan of Conor he should take another week off and really study martial arts and boxing and getting fitness levels right up not fight anyone just yet in the new year yes.

In my opinion as always! ;)
Dana likes Conor until he stops making him money then he'll trash him in the media if he does something he doesn't like. Just like he does to every fighter. This is the pattern

Fighter wins: Danas all over them calling them the best ever.

Fighter loses: Dana trash talks their performance

Fighter retire or talks against Danas decisions: the guy was overrated and never a true contender.

Of course dana doesn't need an apology he didnt care who won that fight he got paid the same amount whether Conor won or lost anyway

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Dana likes Conor until he stops making him money then he'll trash him in the media if he does something he doesn't like. Just like he does to every fighter. This is the pattern

Fighter wins: Danas all over them calling them the best ever.

Fighter loses: Dana trash talks their performance

Fighter retire or talks against Danas decisions: the guy was overrated and never a true contender.

Of course dana doesn't need an apology he didnt care who won that fight he got paid the same amount whether Conor won or lost anyway

LoL young lad!

Thats the world we live in and yes things happen but never doubt that people genuinely may care about each other but business is business people need food on the table so to speak, all feeling's aside when people talk $$$$

People do open their hearts and friendships develop but there are boundaries and limitation in the fallen world we live in, thats life!

Conor is a family man and Dana White is generally a good man who has even been threatened to be killed more than once by psychos in the fight business.

That is why I said I like these guys and well I'm just sharing my opinion and I'm sure in my next post you will share yours just as quick ;)

Last edited:

MA_Student

Black Belt
Reaction score
LoL young lad!

Thats the world we live in and yes things happen but never doubt that people genuinely may care about each other but business is business people need food on the table so to speak, all feeling's aside when people talk $$$$

People do open their hearts and friendships develop but there are boundaries and limitation in the fallen world we live in, thats life!

Conor is a family man and Dana White is generally a good man who has even been threatened to be killed more than once by psychos in the fight business.

That is why I said I like these guys and well I'm just sharing my opinion and I'm sure in my next post you will share yours just as quick ;)
Lol look at all the fighters dana has been friends with during there careers then they retire or does something against them and he suddenly hates them even after claiming they're friends

Randy couture
Chuck Liddell
Forrest Griffin
Jon Jones
Demetrious Johnson
Holly Holm
Ken Shamrock
Frank Shamrock
Tito Ortiz
Amanda Nunez
George's St Pierre
Miesha Tate
Anderson silva
Frank Mir

These are all guys dana claimed he has a great relationship in the past and then they do something he doesn't like or they stop making him money and he trashes them in the media.

Dana white is a promototer. He cares about the money that's it and that's fine that's his job he does what he needs to do but he doesn't care about these fighters.

Him and Conor may be best mates now but once Conor's finished dana will move on to the next guy who can make him money

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread is really lacking in balance. Who's going to act as mayweathers apologist?
Hey, don't go trying to drag in topics, Steve. Just because he's in the title of the thread, that doesn't make him pertinent to our bickering.

FighterTwister

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just found a neat video from the Floyd vs Conor fight from each fighters independent corner and feedback given on each round.

Listen.........

I like it some good comments and they knew Floyd was "Walking him down" now that great to find out! ;)

Would like to know more of what was the strategy so we go hunting for another Youtube LoL

Last edited:

Hyoho

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
85454373.jpg

Latest Discussions