Maxims... lets try again

Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

“The greatest fools are ofttimes more clever than the men who laugh at them.”
― George R.R. Martin

Any fool can know. The point, is to understand
If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. - Carl Jung

Seek first to understand, then to be understood. - Stephen Covey (7 habits of highly successful people)

If one does not understand a person, one tends to regard him as a fool. - Carl Jung

Seek first to understand, then to be understood. - Stephen Covey (7 habits of highly successful people)

I imagine that the intelligent people are the ones so intelligent that they don't even need or want to look 'intelligent' anymore.

Make no mistake. I was still calling them foolish
LOL. That happens when you try to talk sense to a fool, I hear.

Quick aside, I think this is lighthearted... that's how I intend it, at least. I don't have any actual stake in this discussion, but I can't resist this kind of banter. I don't think anyone in this thread is foolish, to be honest, though it's clear others disagree. :D

Quick aside, I think this is lighthearted... that's how I intend it, at least. I don't have any actual stake in this discussion, but I can't resist this kind of banter. I don't think anyone in this thread is foolish, to be honest, though it's clear others disagree. :D
I agree 100%. Like Yak side... it was sorta like a chess match with quotes haha.

I like it, too.

As for being a fool, it's not so bad, kind of fun, actually. We do enjoy rushing in where angels fear to tread. But then, most angels don't do a lot of Martial training. I think the wings kinda' mess up the gi top.

As Oscar Wilde said - "Life is one fool thing after another whereas love is two fool things after each other."

“Men wanted for hazardous journey. Low wages , bitter cold, long hours of complete darkness. Safe return doubtful”
Earnest Shackleton’s Antarctic Expedition Advertisement

“You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go.”
Yogi Berra

Back