Master Al Case' Matrix Martial Arts

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I read that blog post as well.... and, not surprisingly, I have some major issues with it. Namely that the idea of teaching "techniques", or technical material, is the exact wrong approach to take with the aim in mind, his teaching method (to give a fighting skill in a weekend) is inconsistent to the point of being unfeasible (there are much better methods that are regularly employed in areas such as Security training, for the record... or RBSD training...), and, what do you know, even though this is something that Al "doesn't teach", or focus on... and has no interest in... "It's in the Matrix Karate course"! How am I not surprised! I get the feeling that if Al was asked if he could teach someone to fight entirely while walking on their hands, it'd already be in one of his programs...

Oh, and his take on "awareness" is deeply flawed, and, well, unaware of what it actually means, let alone how it is expressed and trained/taught in many, many systems. He hasn't improved in the last 9 months.