Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sai in his bag? Good for him, though I'm not sure they were acting unreasonably if it was in his carry-on luggage as the story seems to suggest.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Just because you got away carrying "Sai"'s on board many time before does NOT make it right!

Sai is a weapon and can be a deadly one too!

Most times guy like Michael will NOT use them....However? ...should we allow others to be able to carry them ON board?

We believe the Police was correct....Michael could have ask that the stewardess or airlines to carry it for them and remain in he Captains cabin till they landed? ..not sure of this one?

Putting any martial weapons in a suit case and let it travel in Cargo instead of hand carry is always a better idea...

Unless the bags on the same planes lands at different times? ...from the same plane? OK..just joking here...

Can you imagine if everyone is allow to carry "SAI's on board?

Aloha .....sai of relief here...

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I am surprised they won in court. Training tool or not that is not something that I would want any security personal allowing on board.
icon6.gif

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am not surprised.

Firstly, he called the airport to make sure that it was permited and was told that it was.

Secondly, sai are not prohibited in carry on luggage according to the article.

No, I am not surprised that he won. Only that he lacked the common sense to put the darn things in his suitcase rather than in carry on. Boarding the plane with them is not illegal, but it is just asking for hassles.

Daniel

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I agree, I am very surprised that they actually won. it goes to show how "bright" they are. $7500 in damages over a 2 year court battle. I am sure that doesn't even cover a fraction of their legal fees. Items like that should be put in checked luggage. I worked in the airline industry for almost 10 years and these people should have gotten heavy fines and arrested for bringing weapons like that on board a plane. A martial Artist should know better. Its amazing how dumb some people can be. IMO.

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
uma thurman carried hatori hanso sword on a plane with out a prob. :jediduel:

Latest Discussions