Man Rule

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK, I know it is forbidden to date the sisters, exes or potentials of your friends, but, seriously...
How wrong would it be for me to date my buddy's sister?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I honestly don't think there's anything wrong with it. If you ever break up tho, it might affect the friendship.

I think rules like this sort of go out the window once we become adults. Just act like an adult.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Aye. I have not only 'dated' the exes (or sisters) of friends, I'm marrying one (we've finally set a date to stop living in sin; only taken us eight years :D).

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
if a friend had a problem with me dating his sister, I would question the strength of the friendship.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think thee is that certain weird feeling....but yeah, once you graduate high school, that, too should subside.

If the guy is good enough to hang out with....

Then again, maybe you know too much about the icky guy stuff he said about girls.... :lol:

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Aye. I have not only 'dated' the exes (or sisters) of friends, I'm marrying one (we've finally set a date to stop living in sin; only taken us eight years :D).

Are you going to wear a Hakama and sword at the service?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's not in the least bit wrong. But, sometimes, it can feel really complicated. Not just in the here and the now, but later.

But, hey, faint heart never won fair lady. Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! (and tomorrow I shall suffer cliche hangover)

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go ahead and date her. Just don't share details with your friend.

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't know about buddies, but my dad married his brother-in-law's kid sister. (Yes, my cousins and I look eerily similar.)

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
My father's sister is married to my mothers brother...
My great grandpa married my great grandma, she died in childbirth with kid #8 he married her sister had a total of 19.
My grandpa's brothers and sisters are also his cousins

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a small sample size, so probably not statistically significant, but given what's posted in this thread, there is apparently a connection between inbreeding and the study of martial arts...

:rofl:

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you going to wear a Hakama and sword at the service?

I have long cherished such an image but I suspect I will not be allowed to :(. Mind you, we shall be having a second, more private, hand-fasting when we have had the 'official' one done ... so maybe then :).

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have long cherished such an image but I suspect I will not be allowed to :(. Mind you, we shall be having a second, more private, hand-fasting when we have had the 'official' one done ... so maybe then :).

My wife and also had two ceremonies. One with family & friends at our home in the US. And one with just the two of us in the battlements at Amberley Castle in your neck of the woods. Amberley was for us. The other was to make the families and govt happy.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
It's a small sample size, so probably not statistically significant, but given what's posted in this thread, there is apparently a connection between inbreeding and the study of martial arts...

:rofl:

It would have never crossed my mind, but one certainly has to wonder ... :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions