Man offers to demonstrate his karate on deputy.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/blotter-51070-destin-.html

I can't understand why it didn't work...

ON July 8 a deputy was summoned to Olin Marler Charters on Harbor Boulevard. Lawmen were told a man who appeared to be highly intoxicated was pestering customers and swinging karate chops at children.

The deputy reported the man was unsteady on his feet and had a strong odor of alcohol on him.

The man, now identified as Daniel Alan Settle, told the deputy he had a black belt in several different forms of martial arts.

"He then asked me if he could demonstrate some karate moves on me, at which time I told him he could not," the deputy wrote in the arrest report. "Settle defied my lawful order and took up an active fighting stance, with his fists clenched, arms bent and raised above waist level. I gave Settle a lawful order to cease this stance but he refused to comply. Because I feared attack was imminent, Settle was physically restrained and placed into handcuffs."

Read more: http://www.nwfdailynews.com/articles/blotter-51070-destin-.html#ixzz21GZNPN9j

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Daniel Settles master:

Last edited by a moderator:

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Daniel Settles master:

Somehow it wouldn't surprise me. :)

Daniel Settles just another drunken idiot giving martial artists a bad name.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
He was drunk out of his mind. Drunk people do crazy things sometimes, enough said!

Yeah, but why do so many of those drunken numbskulls think they're Bruce Lee?
You never hear anyone say "I'm a crane operator, and I'll drop a couple of tons of steel on your house if you mess with me!"
Just sayin'.