Looking for Ni-Ten Ichi Ryu / kenjutsu / Aikido Sensei in Portland, OR

chen zen

White Belt
Reaction score
I have been looking on the web for quite some time to find a Sensei that teaches Ni-Ten Ichi Ryu / Aikido and cant find anyone. I will settle for a Kenjutsu / Aikido instead. Im currently a brown belt in Wushu about to recieve my black belt so im looking for a good instructor. Any suggestions?

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm a little confused... are you looking for some one to teach both Niten and Aikido? Honestly, that can be rather hard to find, Koryu are, at the best of times, a rarity to find, let alone a teacher who teaches exactly what you're after in combination with another thing you're after.

The first thing to do would be to ask why you're after these systems in particular, then to look around at what is available in your area. Koryu tend to require sacrifice, and they're not just around the corner. For a great number of systems you need to move to Japan. That's it, really. So how bad do you want it, and how far are you willing to go?

ScottUK

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Chen, there is a one-off private HNIR kenjutsu keiko weekend planned in Minnesota if you fancy a weekend introduction... PM me with your email address for more details.