Looking for a new school in Astoria

bikerftw

White Belt
Reaction score
I haven't trained in a while and I am looking for a new school in Astoria, NY. I am looking for a "Real" school not a school that teaches you how to dance. I would prefer a no kata system that trains in real fighting. I don't want a school to make me feel good about myself. I have trained in the past with some very serious masters and I want to continue in that method. I am nearing 50 years old so I am not as flexible as I was in my youth but I still want a real fighting school. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Ninebird8

Blue Belt
Reaction score
First, I am 50, been training for a long time, and still very flexible, just now need help up after doing a split and no more flips unless I am near death...LOL!!! As one of my 3 masters says now, "wait till they land, then jing them!" Also, I lived in Astoria Queens for 7 years in the 80s and early 90s while working up there from Texas. Lived about 3 blocks from Steinway and 4 blocks from the R train at the time. Miss those days in some ways!! I know of a few schools in Manhattan and in Brooklyn that fill your bill, but unfortunately none in the Chinese tradition in Astoria. My fellow eagle claw people, can you help this guy?

OP
B

bikerftw

White Belt
Reaction score
I guess they can't, but thanks for trying.

Latest Discussions