Lone wing chun practitioners need help!!!

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It's also worth pointing out that the YCKYM , apart from being used to guard the groin and launch rapid kicks along the centreline also has another wonderful use , that of leg locking .

For the benefit of the people that aren't familiar with the leg locking application of the stance , it is basically interlocking your leg with their leg at the shin and sinking your weight down on that leg , it can be used to break their leg at the knee , or if done with less vigour just to force them down to the ground .

Chi gerk should be practiced just as much if not more than chi sau.

An term we use for "Leg locking" is leg trap.

As pointed out by Tenzen, with chi gerk comes leg traps ... just as with chi sao comes hand/arm traps, you can also use your body to effect traps ... but that will be another whole new thread.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A whole new thread indeed.

Faisal don't start incorporating anything but focus on what is actually there. The trap that mook refered to is one of many but you won't learn that from books or videos. Only a qualified instructor.
Focus on the first section for now forget everything else.

To everyone else, we might need to slow down with what we post, I know I have a tendency to get carried away. What I mean is we might be telling him too much and cause even more confusion for him. Talking about chi sau and chi gerk could be too soon and stray him from a strict focus on the first section of slt.

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, mook jong man, tenzen, and wtxs, go to your rooms and do your forms 3 times each as punishment for giving out too many of the Wing Chun secrets to untrained forum members. We can't continue to help the untrained who will not go find a legitimate sifu and help themselves learn this art the correct way.

As for me, I have to wait to go home and then do my forms 3 times each. No more secrets.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Okay, mook jong man, tenzen, and wtxs, go to your rooms and do your forms 3 times each as punishment for giving out too many of the Wing Chun secrets to untrained forum members. We can't continue to help the untrained who will not go find a legitimate sifu and help themselves learn this art the correct way.

As for me, I have to wait to go home and then do my forms 3 times each. No more secrets.

With my super power of levitation, I can do the form standing on an egg and with my eyes closed. How do I do that? I'll tell you ... but I'm being punished for given out tooo many secrets. :whip::p

OP
H
Reaction score
you guys are funny :)... Its been a busy day ... its 12 am here and i just got home ... had good food and a goood time , i've been rather busy today and i am so full that i tried to do the form but my hand felt too heavy from the exhaustion ... well i guess a day's rest was a good thing :) on a side note i actually bong sau'd a paper plate that was thrown at me so feeling pretty good about that .... and now in my uncontrollable exhaustion i will for a few minutes stare at the cieling and then pass out see you guys tomorrow xp

Eric_H

Black Belt
Reaction score
To eric h, you must have been taught this stance wrong. This stance develops the legs and their muuscles for very powerful kicking. Yip man was well known for his kicking ability, despite most of todays wc focusing more on the hands. Wc is 50/50 on arms and legs. Chi gerk should be practiced just as much if not more than chi sau. The kicks of wc can be very effective if used right, in turn ygkym develops the proper muscles for efficient kicking. This art was developed with the mechanics of the natural body in mind and to preserve the body so it can be practiced into the golden years to its fullest potential. Therefore it is highly likely that you were taught wrong. The videos of yip man that are around the internet were of him performing wing chun perfectly, he was practically on his death bed when that footage was taken, he died shortly after it was taken.

Actually no, I was never taught the stance that way. If you will again read my comment I had several people come in under my first teacher who had and who all had knee problems from training that way under a different teacher. Could it be that they were shown incorrectly? Quite so.

I never said it was not a viable stance or did nothing for you, only cautioned that training any extreme stance without supervision can get your knees jacked, regardless of how "strong" you are.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Its not about strength at all its bio mechanics and kinetic linking. The stance helps build strength for kicking but you don't need strength to perform it. Maybe you were taught it properly and did something wrong yourself, like tensing up. Or maybe youwere not taught proper footwork from the stance and wound up dragging your steps which will cause knee problems.

Zepeda I have comepleted my 3 forms and then went for some extra credit, the other 3. Do I get an A+?

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Well so much for extra credit then. Assignment complete. Can I come out of my room now?

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Well so much for extra credit then. Assignment complete. Can I come out of my room now?

Good job. Personally, I'd stay in my room, it's so much safer. Or stay on the forum, that way you don't have to worry about having to defend yourself at a moments notice. But venture out if you must, keep your skills on the razor's edge.

tenzen

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I stay sharper than a set of butterfly knives. I like to venture out, at least to the mailbox past that there's lions and tigers and bears. That's why I'm the last of the lolipop guild.

OP
H
Reaction score
i'm living on the edge too , i go to the bakery every day xD
*whips out light sabre*
*woon*
*Woon* i'm the the disciplinary guy i know jack about wing chun so you do your froms and i'll watch you , if you faulter however you start losing fingers and no cookies!!! haha

zepedawingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh stop sucking up already Tenzen. The A+ is MINE ... cause I can do the forms standing on an egg! :tantrum:

As long as it's not a hard boiled egg, that I'd like to see. Can you make a video of it so Haris Lamboo Faisal can try to learn that too?

OP
H
Reaction score
As long as it's not a hard boiled egg, that I'd like to see. Can you make a video of it so Haris Lamboo Faisal can try to learn that too?
LoL .. i can boil and fry egss using my mind :) on the other hand ... is that sarcasm? lol my friend they help and i appreciate it , i truly do , though i suck at making a funny remark im working on it.

EDIT: i made a sig but it isnt showing up here :s

Last edited:

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
One thing I noticed from your recent video, remember to breath freely and to relax during SLT, saw a big burst of air :)

OP
H
Reaction score
I huff and i puff and i siu nim tao =p about to start my training session for today will probably record a bit at the end.

Latest Discussions