Lock ying pong

SgtBarnes

Green Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever trained under this prestigious master of wing chun?

OP
SgtBarnes

SgtBarnes

Green Belt
Reaction score

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Your translating Lock as in lock on a door, on a canal, lock of hair. Not Chinese name, they are not the same. Possible Romanization would be Lok. And Pong could be Pang or Peng. Hard for folks to answer the question if the name is spelled wrong. Chinese characters would be best

OP
SgtBarnes

SgtBarnes

Green Belt
Reaction score
Your translating Lock as in lock on a door, on a canal, lock of hair. Not Chinese name, they are not the same. Possible Romanization would be Lok. And Pong could be Pang. Hard for folks to answer the question if the name is spelled wrong. Chinese characters would be best
Could be Lok as there is a Sifu Lok yiu

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haven't looked it up, but my old sifu used to say that when Yip Man taught in Hong Kong, Leung Sheung was Dai Si-hing (#1 student), Lok Yiu was Yee Si-hing (#2) and Tsiu Sheung Tin was Saam Si-hing (#3). Many who studied later became even more famous, such as Wong Shun Leung and of course Bruce Lee.

My old sifu was originally a student of Leung Sheung but they disliked each other intensely. Later he trained directly under Yip Man and eventually, through a superhuman effort of self-promotion, became very famous himself. :p

He was also pretty good.

Anyway, sorry I don't know about Lok Ying-peng you mention. He may be very good and represent a fabulous lineage, but apparently not "prestigious" ... as in meaning "famous" ...at least outside of his own circle. Do you have any other info on him to share???

Latest Discussions