Living in Tornado Alley

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hand Sword said:
Thankfully you didn't! My suggestion would be to move. The tornadoes come every yr. What you rebuild will probably be destroyed again, at some point. I applaud the determination of those that live in those regions, but, when is enough enough?

hhmm... you bring up a good point. Anyone ever been hit more then once? Have you rebuilt to have it destroyed again?

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
That series of tornadoes was exceptional, a hundred year event, there's always something, wherever you are, hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, people keep rebuilding after hurricanes, etc. Tornadoes are no different. Some people have to rebuild after any disaster. I live a little west of tornado alley now, and we just had a series of wildfires, farmers and ranchers lost everything, cattle trapped against fences and burned to death. Everything is a trade. You live through a tornado, you feel grateful to be alive. And one more thing about tornado alley. People who live there, if you don't talk politics (unless you're conservative) those people are some of the finest, friendliest, honest and real people I've ever met in my life. Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, have great people who help each other through things like tornadoes.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
That series of tornadoes was exceptional, a hundred year event...

These statistical slogans are becoming meaningless because of global warming. Hydrologic and meteorologic data in the past is predicated on a cooler, less energetic planet. With more heat, more water is evaporated, and there is more energy for storms. One hundred year events will start happening year after year. In fact, if you take a look at the statistical frequency of such events, in the last 10 years, they've gone off the charts.

Latest Discussions