Lisa's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
"A man is rich or poor, not by the things he owns or the money he has in a bank. If he has made friends, memories and has accomplished things- he is truely rich. If he has not, he is poor- for he will not be remembered. "

I guess you could say he was rich.....for he left his mark

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, kuntawguro. I've got a few minutes to kill so I thought I'd head into the lounge. Seems like you're the only one here! What's going on in your world?

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I lost my father 4 years ago, the past 20 years we were not very close. Brings back thoughts of the song "Leader of the band"

JBrainard

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. I payed my respects yesterday.
Well, on that downer of a note, I've gotta' bail. My ride's here.
Catch you later,
JB

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:cheers:

I have no words but only love. I have no doubt only faith. I have no pain only memories of the people who made me great.

--Infy

Infy,

I love those words, so much so that I hope you don't mind if I use them as the last line of my speech I am making at his memorial.

To all of you,

Thank you Thank you Thank you. To the staff for listening to me all these months in the back room, sending their love and support and good thoughts and pitching in to cover the board in my absences. To MJS who always made an effort to send me a pm asking how things were. To Shesulsa who listened to me incessantly on the phone and walked with me through every painful step. To Bob Hubbard who would get me on the phone and have me rolling in laughter in a matter of minutes, no matter how upset I was. To all of you who have joined me in raising a glass to this wonderful man, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. He would be so pleased by your out pour of comfort and having a drink in his name would bring a huge smile to his face.

You all rock and are the reason why I love this place so much.

:cheers: Lisa

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Lisa you have my condolences and I am sending you a "hug" through cyberspace! Hang in there and understand that your dad was great because he took the time to love you!:asian:

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Raise a glass with me people, please.

To my Dad who I said goodbye to earlier this evening.

After a valiant 3+ month fight he succumbed to complications after a quintuple bipass.

My Dad was many things. He was a Union man, believed everyone deserved a fair wage for a job well done. He was a political activist and taught me to think before I speak and that even though a man's words may make my blood boil, I better be ready to fight for his right to say them. And he was a family man, loving all of us entirely and completely.

I will miss you Dad and I will love you forever.

My condolences. Sounds like he was a good man.

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lisa, here is my :asian: for such a wonderful man!

g-bells

Green Belt
Reaction score
to lisa,
thank you for sharing with us, in your time of grief, may your memories of your father never fade and let your father's spirit live in you via through you.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
gary

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Raise a glass with me people, please.

To my Dad who I said goodbye to earlier this evening.

After a valiant 3+ month fight he succumbed to complications after a quintuple bipass.

My Dad was many things. He was a Union man, believed everyone deserved a fair wage for a job well done. He was a political activist and taught me to think before I speak and that even though a man's words may make my blood boil, I better be ready to fight for his right to say them. And he was a family man, loving all of us entirely and completely.

I will miss you Dad and I will love you forever.

My condolences :asian:

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Infy,

I love those words, so much so that I hope you don't mind if I use them as the last line of my speech I am making at his memorial.

:cheers: Lisa

There is no greater honor Lisa. You may and probably have (business trip made it harder to check here) used them at your leasure.

I was rather shocked and proude after it came out of my fingers :) don't hold me up to that bar I'm not actually that good of a writer!

--Infy

Infinite

Brown Belt
Reaction score
No, he doesn't... but he does show off his pretty teeth, doesn't he? :uhyeah:

Yeah and I was all cool with that till he took over/transfigured/photoshopped his way onto a swimsuite models body.I mean I go up and boom that face looking back.

I didn't know he was a ninja disguise artist!

--Infy

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah and I was all cool with that till he took over/transfigured/photoshopped his way onto a swimsuite models body.I mean I go up and boom that face looking back.

Bartender, lemme have a dbl so as to wash that visual from my mind...

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow. The lounge is quite. Aren't we toasting anything?

Here is to....hmmm...Spring! I want spring dammit! Bring it now!

:lol2:

Status
Not open for further replies.