Lisa's Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
without a doubt, best bbq sauce ever! I first tried it at pineapple willys in florida.

what flavor do you like terry?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I hate getting up in the lounge after a night of great drinking where is that light switch.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I regret that I've mostly had the cheap stuff. What do you recommend?

Virtually anything Portugese or Spanish and virtually anything aged at least 20 years. A fave of the local wine snobs in my area is Kopke 20 yr Tawny. Deep rich cherry, oak, full bodied and lingers just long enough. If you're looking for something less woodsy, Warres Vintage 2003 is excellent - not aged as long and in vats rather than oak barrels.

Be prepared to spend between $50 and $90 for one bottle of either one. They are most enjoyable to me and many around me, I hope you like them.

Remember to decant and minimize air exposure to the balance. Sip small amounts in front of a fire, friend, and enjoy some bruschetta and a salad for a light, fine meal or pair with a dark berry dessert.

Please let me know if you pursue these wines and what you think - a PM would be nice as I don't follow these mega threads too closely.

:asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A fave of the local wine snobs in my area is Kopke 20 yr Tawny.

Ah, now that one I've tried and it was good! I'll look for the other.

It's funny you mention cheese as what put me in mind of port was a recent WSJ story on chablis and brie that mentioned that port is a wine that cries out for cheese (Stilton, they suggested).

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah, now that one I've tried and it was good! I'll look for the other.

It's funny you mention cheese as what put me in mind of port was a recent WSJ story on chablis and brie that mentioned that port is a wine that cries out for cheese (Stilton, they suggested).

Sounds like a good option - a strong flavor cheese is good with port, IMO so long as it's not too bitter. Some prefer something lighter and nuttier to cleanse ... just tastes like fat to me after the port.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions