Lethal strikes video? Is it worth ordering?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, In this month issue of BLack belt magazine, there is an ad selling a video call " Lethal Strikes" (wwwlethal strikes)

Can anyone tell me what you think of this video? (for those who have one).

It tells of 13 lighting-fast heart stopping death blows that you can learn in one evening.......$57.00 includes shipping...is it worth buying?

They claim this is the only video to show you "How to kill in self-defense

or is this just another "Junk video" ............Aloha

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds like a big steaming pile of poop to me.

Cthulhu

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
still learning said:
They claim this is the only video to show you "How to kill in self-defense

or is this just another "Junk video" ............Aloha

In completely unrelated news the x-ray specs I just recieved from the back of a comic book are not producing the advertised effect....

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, I have be suck into other videos making many claims and many of you are right! ...this could be another "SCAM" to buy. Therefores they will not get my $$.$$.........Thanks........Aloha

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I vote for saving your money and continuing to train hard under a live instructor. I highly doubt that there will be anything on the tape that is so 'secret' or 'deadly' that has never been seen before.

Mike

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anything that claims to be tought in one evening that take century to develope is a pile of horse **** send your money to me and I'll take my wife to a Mid grade dinner.
Terry

Soldier

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I say that there is a small chance that something like that can be good,
but the chances of it being good are very low.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
mmm. my thouhgts on this and some what related matters.
*tournaments - a good way to meet people, and find out what works out well in various situations. but please don't go crazy with tournaments

*seminars - a good way to det a general view of a style and the way it does things. seminars are not, repeat NOT meant to be added to your training. but maybe give you some thing you might what to go find.

*books - as seminars

*magazines - put your oppoin and philosophy on a certian subject out for the masses

*chat rooms/forums - create (hopefully) freindly discusion on certain subjects.

*tapes - make your school/system/style/philosophy/own egotistical self look cooler. tapes don't teach you in any way anything that is truely useful. in fact for the most part they are "street defense tapes". do they wrok all that well? no.same with self defense classes. for the most part they are not that useful.

but that is mostly my oppoin. so yah. any ways.

Sweet Brighit Bless your Blade,

John

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good points have been made in this thread already, so I will just add one of my own. Would you really, really like to have a charge for a "Lethal Strikes" video on your credit card file? Even if you were justified in a lethal response, just having that video in your purchase history, IMO, would put you in a very difficult position. Imagine a personal injury lawyer reading the TRS add to a judge or jury? IMO, bad for you.

Now, I think that, if you already have some good formal training, you can learn some self-defence techniques via video (even some of TRS's offerings, despite they advertising hype) - but I would pass on this one.