Lest We Forget and Forget It

Stevetutt

White Belt
Reaction score
Wow, I first met Rick Mertens in early 1960 and we were friends until he passed away in 1999. I met his first wife and his two sons many times. Here is a photo of Otis, Rick, his other son I can't remember his name and Robby Robinson at Bergstrom AFB, TX maybe in 1965. I used to visit Rick when he lived in Bossier City during the 1960's and so on.
Thank you

Jeff_Beish

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
While it has been long ago so I do not remember when it was but while visiting Rick in Bossier City sometime in the 1970’s and he called Nancy for a dinner date with he and us. That started their romance and eventually they married. So, Rick Martens had been a close friend for four decades. Sometime in January 1999 Rick called me to tell us Nancy had passed away. It was a couple months after that Rick followed her. Many years of friendships slipped away.

Jeff_Beish

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
While it has been long ago so I do not remember when it was but while visiting Rick in Bossier City sometime in the 1970’s and he called Nancy for a dinner date with he and us. That started their romance and eventually they married. So, Rick Martens had been a close friend for four decades. Sometime in January 1999 Rick called me to tell us Nancy had passed away. It was a couple months after that Rick followed her. Many years of friendships slipped away.

Jeff_Beish

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Guess Rick Mertens questions all answered, huh? Speak up out there.