Leopard Kung Fu

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have in my hands a rare book, with a great section on Leopard, in significant detail. I just dug it out of a Commander bin.

I can't share pics, because of copyright laws. The book is no longer available for purchase, it was a limited edition run. Can't even find one on Ebay.

The dude writing about leopard is considered by many to be one of the best teachers in the world in southern CMA.

What can I do? I'm stumped.

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Not only will it soften your hands, but it's also anti inflammatory and antiseptic, so it makes a great natural liniment.

I have aloe plants, you can grow this stuff and always have it on hand, literally.
That's good to know. I knew they said it wad good for cuts and such and it clearly worked on both burns and the scarring I had. I'm not sure of the benefits of ingesting it but they have those Aloe drinks and there pretty good haha

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's good to know. I knew they said it wad good for cuts and such and it clearly worked on both burns and the scarring I had. I'm not sure of the benefits of ingesting it but they have those Aloe drinks and there pretty good haha
It works great on sunburn.

There are people who chew on it.

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have in my hands a rare book, with a great section on Leopard, in significant detail. I just dug it out of a Commander bin.

I can't share pics, because of copyright laws. The book is no longer available for purchase, it was a limited edition run. Can't even find one on Ebay.

The dude writing about leopard is considered by many to be one of the best teachers in the world in southern CMA.

What can I do? I'm stumped.
I wonder if you could scan it into a pdf or some file type and just share a link to it? Or something similar. Maybe just cut out anything that labels it being from thay author. I know alot of people who share pdfs probably not always the most legal way but I don't know they just post the book. I think one of the books I got from them was worth alot also

I'll ask around and see if they know any ways to avoid that
Il

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It works great on sunburn.

There are people who chew on it.
That's good to know. I haven't gotten any in a while but I'll keep thay in mind for the next time. I haven't heard of chewing on it just well consuming it raw or in a drink blend

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's good to know. I haven't gotten any in a while but I'll keep thay in mind for the next time. I haven't heard of chewing on it just well consuming it raw or in a drink blend
You have to be careful, the gel from the plant is edible and very nutritious.

The surrounding plant matter needs to be cleaned and de-aloined to be digested well. So just wash it well, and just eat the goo, unless it's been properly prepared.

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You have to be careful, the gel from the plant is edible and very nutritious.

The surrounding plant matter needs to be cleaned and de-aloined to be digested well. So just wash it well, and just eat the goo, unless it's been properly prepared.
Thanks ill keep that in mind. I tried it once and it was a ton of trouble haha. So slippery and well that made it hard to cut. I have a few variations of the plant one I think is dying so I might just chop it up

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I wonder if you could scan it into a pdf or some file type and just share a link to it? Or something similar. Maybe just cut out anything that labels it being from thay author. I know alot of people who share pdfs probably not always the most legal way but I don't know they just post the book. I think one of the books I got from them was worth alot also

I'll ask around and see if they know any ways to avoid that
Il

Cutting out the author is impossible, he's in most of the useful pages. This is a very graphical book, there are about 200 techniques with lots of pictures (in color).

I could just link the Amazon link for the book but....nobody can buy it, so what's the point. Grrr..

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Cutting out the author is impossible, he's in most of the useful pages. This is a very graphical book, there are about 200 techniques with lots of pictures (in color).

I could just link the Amazon link for the book but....nobody can buy it, so what's the point. Grrr..
Yeah I see what your saying. I found this Fair use of copyrighted works, as stated in US copyright law, “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright

I mean I'm not a lawyer but we are doing research here. If it was available I would totally purchase the book.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I see what your saying. I found this Fair use of copyrighted works, as stated in US copyright law, “for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright

I mean I'm not a lawyer but we are doing research here. If it was available I would totally purchase the book.
It's this one.

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I can try to ask around and see if anyone has a copy some how they tend to get hard to find books. My only other idea is to create a new mega or some storage account upload it which is fine I've got like 5k pdfs uploaded and then just share the log in. Since it's a new account no personal info is really lost and if it's downloaded from there I'm not sure if that's still copyright since it's just a different device Downloading it. I don't know that's just an idea haha

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can try to ask around and see if anyone has a copy some how they tend to get hard to find books. My only other idea is to create a new mega or some storage account upload it which is fine I've got like 5k pdfs uploaded and then just share the log in. Since it's a new account no personal info is really lost and if it's downloaded from there I'm not sure if that's still copyright since it's just a different device Downloading it. I don't know that's just an idea haha
It's like 400 pages.

It might be best to just paraphrase what's in here. It's not that different from the Sifu Dungg video above.

"The key characteristic of the Leopard is violence". Almost direct quote.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh I didn't mean for the vagina. I thought you were talking about back rubs and caressing.

I work with my hands a lot, on top of iron body training. A little lube goes a long way, whether it's powder, cream, or silicone/water based. You just use the right one for the right situation.
Lol!🤣

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It's like 400 pages.

It might be best to just paraphrase what's in here. It's not that different from the Sifu Dungg video above.

"The key characteristic of the Leopard is violence". Almost direct quote.
That could work as well. I see that's definitely in lone with what I think. Atleast from my monkey training I was always taught its the same. The animal styles don't play around lol. If you ever decide to share the book. I had asked and they said on the telegram page it's fine/safe it's where I got most of my pdfs from

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Still looking for more info to put here found some links
Some info from one of the sites

Kung Fu Leopard Style (Bao Xing)

Read about kung fu leopard style using lightening-fast foot work and distinctive hand techniques combined to produce power and strength to overcome opponents.
The footwork of this style is one of the key aspects which allow it to be so fast. The leopard style uses quick short stances, which are very stable, to help to produce the strength and balance required. It is this which allows the direction of attack to change quickly and easily. Strong stances allow the generation of tremendous power and force.

Users of the leopard style must ensure that their knuckles and wrists are adequately conditioned in order to avoid self-injury when applying techniques such as the bao chui. This can be done though extensive training with firm sandbags as punching bags; as well as push-ups using knuckles (as opposed to palms).

The kung fu leopard style uses lightening-fast foot work and distinctive hand techniques which are combined to produce power and strength to overcome opponents.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
The second link there looks relatively legit , and the descriptions (of baoquan etc) are accurate.

The first link, appears to be a mix of stuff, some of which they clearly made up. And not sure what to make of this crew...check out these bios. A little iffy if you ask me...and a bit overly militaristic.

"Our past Grandmasters served in many wars, Qing Dynasty campaigns, WWII, Several in Vietnam including a Special Forces Green Beret Officer, as well as Instructors today with Iraqi War era military training. "

Errr......

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score

Not too sure of the Imperial Combat Arts school there in Denver, I've checked them out online before when I was living there but something about the website screamed red flag. It looks cool if you believe in fantasy kung fu but it seems like they are trying too hard with it. Might be legit but I would take that website, as a source, with a grain of salt.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not too sure of the Imperial Combat Arts school there in Denver, I've checked them out online before when I was living there but something about the website screamed red flag. It looks cool if you believe in fantasy kung fu but it seems like they are trying too hard with it. Might be legit but I would take that website, as a source, with a grain of salt.
You just read my mind dude. Red flags all over the place. Those instructors creep me out a bit, esp the one with the axe.

Like, practically every actual kung fu master I know is reasonable, approachable, and friendly. That site seems to suggest every instructor is an expert at murder.

Not to mention they seem caught up on the "Great Qing Dynasty"...but the Qing weren't even Chinese. But they wear Imperial Qing uniforms at that school. Weird, most CMA styles do not go well with the Qing invasion..

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The second link there looks relatively legit , and the descriptions (of baoquan etc) are accurate.

The first link, appears to be a mix of stuff, some of which they clearly made up. And not sure what to make of this crew...check out these bios. A little iffy if you ask me...and a bit overly militaristic.

"Our past Grandmasters served in many wars, Qing Dynasty campaigns, WWII, Several in Vietnam including a Special Forces Green Beret Officer, as well as Instructors today with Iraqi War era military training. "

Errr......
Yeah I agree. I never felt they had good details on each style. Yeah they had tons but they all seemed off. Haha yeah I noticed that and just read the bios I can see what you mean. The site seems to be pretty popular since most of the time I Google a style they seem to pop up.

The second one I've read some of the stuff they have im glad it seems more reliable then. Hopefully they also have put out some good videos or something on it

OP
C

CMyers0323

Blue Belt
Reaction score
100% agree there. I haven't been on it in a while bit they didn't do much but have descriptions of the styles no videos of them at all

Latest Discussions