• David Letterman

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, Leno, Letterman?

My thoughts, Letterman is more of a *natural*. The problem with his show is that his writer's have sucked for many years now. (Plus, I can't stand Paul Schaffer). I used to love the old days when his show was much more clever and he used to put his guests on the spot so to speak.

Leno is not a natural at all. (IMO). You can always see him obviously reading from the teleprompter and I don't think he's as good at interviewing or *going off the cuff*. But he has great writer's, better guests, and I like Kevin Eubanks a hell of a lot more than Paul Schaffer.

I know there are lots of other late night talk show hosts out there, but out these two, which do you prefer? Personally, even though I like Letterman better, I think Leno has the better show.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm a big Jay Leno fan. I neve miss his monologue. I never 'got' David Letterman's sense of humor.

fireman00

Brown Belt
Reaction score
without a doubt Letterman, with Paul and all, he's far above the rest of the late night pack.

I agree that his writers have gone down hill over the last couple of years, but he's still much better then Leno.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
It used to be Letterman for me. I don't know if I changed, or he did, but when I catch some late night TV lately, it has been Leno. I especially like the Headlines and Jay Walking segments.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
*Tosses Arni's quote into huge vat of water to see if it floats.*

:wavey:

Letterman for me, man.

kempo-vjj

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They both get old after awhile. Leno I can't really stand anymore. I agree with Jade Tigress. Leno is not very good off the cuff at all, and gets lost in his interviews. Does he research these guests at all. He also makes some real stupid sexual inuendos (sp?) all the time.

Letterman has gone down hill lately with the liveliness of his jokes.

Definitely kevin over paul.

But better than all of them.......

Conan Obrien

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Leno. Best are the headlines and Jay-walking. I also love having Kevin Eubanks there.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like both these guys alot. But if I had to choose between the two I'd go with Leno. To me it's kinda like who's your favorite Beatle...lol

Nomad

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You can't make me choose...

I'll take The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on Comedy Central instead (Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert)

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You can't make me choose...

I'll take The Daily Show and The Colbert Report on Comedy Central instead (Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert)
I'll second that. Stewart is quicker than Leno and Letterman put together.

Elayna

Green Belt
Reaction score
I so grew up on Letterman, but let me tell you, his Top 10 has sooooo gone downhill in the last 3 to 5 years. Really is a dissapointment. I used to love that about his shows.
I used to love Paul Shafers spunk, but now its kinda blah.
I think Dave still does well with just winging-it you know. And plus I love the old classic anyways.

I like Jay because he is kinda...weird. LOL. Plus he has better guests more times then not. But other then that Jay is not my favorite.

So for me. Letterman for classic reasons. Even more so if they fire his writers.
I mean what was up with the "LOST" Top 10. OMG that was horrible, except 9 and 10. LOL

Elayna :) :)

TonyMac

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They both give me an almost immediate headache. Carson was so good I watched him in spite of Ed McMan whom also gives me an almost immediate headache.