Legends of the Martial Arts

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
ppko said:
Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong

OK, what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend"?

O

OC Kid

hmmm how come no one mentioned mr myagi and daniel larusso..:>)

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
well if your gonna metion those two you might as well mention Neo and Morpheous.....sereph, smith, Trinity...Goku...the list continues....

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
As far as the big names go there is a ton oy hype out there. I have seen some of the big names and been very dissappointed.

As far as fantasy characters, those are fantasies.
What is a Legend? My teacher, people who run thier little dojo without selling out. People whom add something to the arts, maybe more then they take out.
my 2 pennies
Todd

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am in the same boat as you...not selling out is always the Ledgendary thing to do

OP
ppko

ppko

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
RRouuselot said:
OK, what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend"?
For contributions to the Martial Arts, now you will probably critsize some of my picks, but this is my oppinion and you have yours

gmunoz

Purple Belt
Reaction score
OC Kid said:
hmmm how come no one mentioned mr myagi and daniel larusso..:>)
Oh darn! I completely forgot about Daniel Laruzo and those guys from the Cobra Kai! "If a man confronts you he is your enemy! An enemy deserves no mercy!"

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong"

Hmm?
Before giving an opinion on whom I consider to be a legend I wish to know what definition is to be used. Webster's defines "Legend" as: 1. An unauthenticated story perserved by tradition and popularly thought to be historical. 2. A chronicle of the life of a saint, originally to be read aloud in religious services. 3. The fame of a person or place. 4. A composition intended to describe or relate a story without words.

Please note nothing in the definitions relate to actual truth or ability but only to someone's fame and the stories about someone's fame.

Danny T

RRouuselot

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Danny T said:
"Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong"

Hmm?
Before giving an opinion on whom I consider to be a legend I wish to know what definition is to be used. Webster's defines "Legend" as: 1. An unauthenticated story perserved by tradition and popularly thought to be historical. 2. A chronicle of the life of a saint, originally to be read aloud in religious services. 3. The fame of a person or place. 4. A composition intended to describe or relate a story without words.

Please note nothing in the definitions relate to actual truth or ability but only to someone's fame and the stories about someone's fame.

Danny T

DannyT,

Nice to see someone on this board besides me reads the dictionary!
:uhyeah:

This is why I asked "what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend?"
Kinda funny what a Legend really is.......