Legends of the Martial Arts

ppko said:
Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong

OK, what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend"?

hmmm how come no one mentioned mr myagi and daniel larusso..:>)

well if your gonna metion those two you might as well mention Neo and Morpheous.....sereph, smith, Trinity...Goku...the list continues....

As far as the big names go there is a ton oy hype out there. I have seen some of the big names and been very dissappointed.

As far as fantasy characters, those are fantasies.
What is a Legend? My teacher, people who run thier little dojo without selling out. People whom add something to the arts, maybe more then they take out.
my 2 pennies
Todd

I am in the same boat as you...not selling out is always the Ledgendary thing to do

RRouuselot said:
OK, what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend"?
For contributions to the Martial Arts, now you will probably critsize some of my picks, but this is my oppinion and you have yours

OC Kid said:
hmmm how come no one mentioned mr myagi and daniel larusso..:>)
Oh darn! I completely forgot about Daniel Laruzo and those guys from the Cobra Kai! "If a man confronts you he is your enemy! An enemy deserves no mercy!"

"Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong"

Hmm?
Before giving an opinion on whom I consider to be a legend I wish to know what definition is to be used. Webster's defines "Legend" as: 1. An unauthenticated story perserved by tradition and popularly thought to be historical. 2. A chronicle of the life of a saint, originally to be read aloud in religious services. 3. The fame of a person or place. 4. A composition intended to describe or relate a story without words.

Please note nothing in the definitions relate to actual truth or ability but only to someone's fame and the stories about someone's fame.

Danny T

Danny T said:
"Just whomever you consider to be a legend, just an oppinion thread there is no right or wrong"

Hmm?
Before giving an opinion on whom I consider to be a legend I wish to know what definition is to be used. Webster's defines "Legend" as: 1. An unauthenticated story perserved by tradition and popularly thought to be historical. 2. A chronicle of the life of a saint, originally to be read aloud in religious services. 3. The fame of a person or place. 4. A composition intended to describe or relate a story without words.

Please note nothing in the definitions relate to actual truth or ability but only to someone's fame and the stories about someone's fame.

Danny T

DannyT,

Nice to see someone on this board besides me reads the dictionary!
:uhyeah:

This is why I asked "what criteria do you use to consider them a "Legend?"
Kinda funny what a Legend really is.......

Back