Legal Issues

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by deadhand31

Just one problem with that...... if that happens, they will sue you. And you will have to pay for their stupidity for the rest of their lives, because they will claim that they are unable to work.

That's not how our legal system works here in Denmark. You can sue somebody, but the price you pay isn't that much.

I know it's different in the states.

Something different and maybe a another discusstion thread is why do pepole believe that just because they react on instinct it's so much better and faster? Mst people have never been in a stress situation were there lives are at stake, and there is no return for what happens. So they won't know how they react. Another part of it is you'll probably not react the same way each time unless you pratice handling stress, which most of us don't.

/Yari

OP
D

Drunken Master

Originally posted by fist of fury

.... in todays society it seems that criminals have more rights then the rest of us.:D

Just to reinforce this I was recently made aware of a theif who broke into a council run leisure centre.

His point of entry was in the swimming pool and when running round the edge, he slipped, hit his head and rolled into the pool.

Somehow he managed to paralyse himself and was unable to get out. He was left bobbing in the water only just able to breath with his head poking out of the water.

He successfuly manged to sue the council who had failed to display a sign warning against running on the poolside.

In the same conversation I was also told of how a burgler attempted to scale a 7ft wall to find broken glass cemented into the top of it.

Despite obviously trying to get in to steal from the homeowner he was able to sue them for the damage their boobie-trapped wall had caused his theiving little hands.

OP
D

Drunken Master

:shrug:
I just thought that I would add that all of this apparantly occrued in the UK and not the US.

It won't be too long before the UK gets as bad.

OP
F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Drunken Master

Just to reinforce this I was recently made aware of a theif who broke into a council run leisure centre.

His point of entry was in the swimming pool and when running round the edge, he slipped, hit his head and rolled into the pool.

Somehow he managed to paralyse himself and was unable to get out. He was left bobbing in the water only just able to breath with his head poking out of the water.

He successfuly manged to sue the council who had failed to display a sign warning against running on the poolside.

In the same conversation I was also told of how a burgler attempted to scale a 7ft wall to find broken glass cemented into the top of it.

Despite obviously trying to get in to steal from the homeowner he was able to sue them for the damage their boobie-trapped wall had caused his theiving little hands.

:eek: wow that's amazing. and they say stupidity doesn't have any advantages.