Lee Morrison/Kelly McCann street fight seminar

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tactically, as I mentioned, it's all about overwhelming pre-emptive forward aggression at close range.

In terms of body mechanics, I could demonstrate it in person better than I can describe it in print. But fundamentally it's hitting with the full body weight as a unit, mostly by driving the whole body into the opponent (as in the forearm strikes) or dropping the body weight down (as with the hammer fists), but occasionally using rotation of the hips.

It's not a bad method of power generation and it's pretty appropriate for the types of techniques that he's showing.

Bursting I think it is called.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Bursting I think it is called.
That's not a bad name for it. I practice it sometimes, but it has limitations. In particular, it's tricky to use in a controlled manner during sparring. It's also not optimal for long range or for strikes from certain angles.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's not a bad name for it. I practice it sometimes, but it has limitations. In particular, it's tricky to use in a controlled manner during sparring. It's also not optimal for long range or for strikes from certain angles.

As a legitimate change levels attack it works.

Harder to do in an ambush style attack

I have played with it and can't get it off unless I know the shot is coming. And for that one I have to know which shot because my arms are blocking a specific shot.

Where if I say answer the phone take that beat and hit back on the same side before they retreat. I have a lot more time. And am safer with cover and angles.

Last edited: