Kyokushin Karate vs Shoalin Xanda

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great effort from both kids, and a good close match. Those were some really stout kicks that landed to both fighters' bodies, legs, and heads.

Both of those kids are going to go a long way in the martial arts, and I hope that their fellow students can pick up a few things from them.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
that was one of the best "style vs style" clips i have ever seen. That Sanda kid has a pick up side kick thats magic.

allenjp

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I love it.

Some say this teaches kids violence. I say it gives them a great safe outlet for their energy and an appreciation for sport that keeps them out of REAL violence.

Wish they would let them stay in the clinch and go to the ground though...then we could really see who was the better fighter.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
hmm didn't work for me.. so cant say.

charyuop

Black Belt
Reaction score
Amazing match. Wow those kids will have a sure future in MA.
I don't agree with the final result tho. The Shaolin kid in the third round showed he had no more energies, while the karate guy had a much better conditioning.

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What a great match. I would love to see these fighters in 10 years!! Look out !!!

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That was pretty cool, and like others have said both of those kids will be mighty when they get older.

However, I always find myself wondering how fighters prepare for these types of fights, given that they end up sparring with rules that are totally different than they would be held to in their own dojos. If you never take or give shots to the head, you are definitely at a disadvantage when sparring someone who can, and does, at every class. Same with the sweeps and flips and all the rest. Anyway, great youngsters with great hearts!

Latest Discussions