The Monday jitters

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Monday is the first day I get back to training after the weekend, and I hear the instructors intentionally make it the hardest workout of the week. I appreciate that, but all the same I start getting the jitters on Monday afternoons when I anticipate practice at 6:30.

Does anybody else get that?

MilkManX

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I get the monday jitters but I have them because I cant wait to go to my Enshin class after work.

;)

I enjoy the hard workout myself. Saturday at Kyokushin was hardcore and I am still sore today. Felt great at the time and I know the Sensei was impressed since my brother and myself were the only two left standing at the end. That was pretty funny.

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, When one hears the training (physcial) will be intense? ....most of us will get the jitters....THE UNKNOWN...OF how we will end up? ...can be frighten.

Best part? ...you will get a great workout and you will live to see tommorrow...even better yet...after all the sore muscles...you will be a stronger person as time goes by and wish the training was like that all the time? ...um well sometimes anyway...

My daughter's wrestling training is 3 hours long, 5 days aweek, even football players cannot take the training, many quit. Once an awhile one of the coaches will say tomorrow training will be ? (very intense)...as physcial fit as they are? ...they all get nervious because of the UNknowns of how they will do tomorrow.. If you did wrestling before? ...you will understand how tough the training is! NO other sport comes close to their sport for physcial endurance!

So all this UNknowns? will give you the jitters....a natural part of thinking..an can be good training tool (mind training).

Aloha

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Monday Jitters, oh yeah I get them! On Monday nights we spar. As I am a big guy, people tend to want to hit me harder...

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly, I am unable to empathise with the sentiment about jitters for a given training session - at least not with my old Lau Gar head 'on'. All training sessions were hard :D.

I was very, very fit back then and still every sessions 'warm up' would wear me out - given that I was already 'warmed up' by a twelve mile cycle over hills to get there ... :eek:.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
girlbug2,

I love the smell of napalm in the evenings! That is, the harder the workout, the more I like it.

Look at it this way. You are paying for the class right? You do want to get your moneys worth, right? Then love the hard workouts. Enjoy them. Look forward to them. Those are your 'test to destruction' days where you find out just where you are and what you can do.

At first you will think I'm nuts, but instead of avoiding the hard workouts, yearn for them. You will see this later. Soft easy nights don't do much other than entertain.

Deaf

OP
G

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's good to know it's not just me;). Thanks for the cameraderie guys.

And for the record, I don't avoid the hard workouts -- thus, my jitters.