Kungfu documentary includes a boxer sparring with baji and pigua

qianfeng

Green Belt
Reaction score
this is a pretty good documentary on a couple kungfu styles. it has some pretty good sparring.

There are three presenters a experienced kungfu practioner who explains details, a reporter who is interested and tests out kungfu and then a jkd guy in the first season and a boxer in the second.

the first season has a jkd and kungfu beginner sparring with some experienced taichi, wing chun and shoalin practioners and getting his *** kicked.

The second season features an experienced boxer facing off against a baji sanda champion and a pigua practioner. The pigua sparrring was really good.

In the chun episode it seems a wing chun master actually sparred and managed to use sticky hands!

In the pigua one a guy hammers a nail though a wooden block with his hand... kinda painful...

Season 1
Shaolin: Experiencing Real Kung Fu: Shaolin - YouTube

Taichi: Experiencing Real Kung Fu: Taiji Quan - YouTube

Wing Chun: Experiencing Real Kung Fu: Wing Chun - YouTube

Season 2
Baji: CCTV4 "Experience real Kungfu" season 2 : Baji Quan - YouTube

Pigua: CCTV4 "Experience real kungfu" season2 : Piguan Quan - YouTube

OP
Q

qianfeng

Green Belt
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts, comments on the documentaries?

Ironcrane

Blue Belt
Reaction score
It all sounds promising, but the subtitles are really small. They're hard to read, so I can't really get into watching them. Which is a shame.

OP
Q

qianfeng

Green Belt
Reaction score
ah i see that sucks... but i guess the sparring, applications and training still looks pretty good espcially in the pigua episode

Latest Discussions