Kung Fu School Information please?

Gabacho

White Belt
Reaction score
I am a student of Randy Li. I have been since 2005. I thought it would be worth mentioning he does not consider Scott Winokur a student of his, nor has he given him permission to use his name in teaching Wing Chun, nor Tai Chi.

Currently in our class is a former student of Scott, whom deserves my utmost respect for the vigilance with which he trained under Scott for what I believe was around 6 years. The proficiency and dedication he has displayed week after week is incredible. However, it was attained only after spending years undoing the ridiculousness he was taught.

I recommend those thinking of training under what I consider to be a fraud look to training under a legitimate person who has walked the walk, and talks the talk. His name is Randy Li.

In my travels to China, I was fortunate enough to have met Ip Chun. That is, the son of Ip Man. After proving myself to them, by demonstrating my techniques in Chi Sau, with whom I was told was his top student, I was graced with the oppurtunity to train with them for an entire day, be in a documentary chronicling foreigners learning Kung fu in China, and practice chi sau with Ip Chun himself. I shutter at the thought of what would have been the result had I learned under "Sigung" Scott Winokur.

My name is Donnie Quinn, if you have any questions, please ask.

You may contact me at {personal contact info redacted per rule 1.5 - jks9199}. I do have photos and video to prove the aforementioned.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Si Gung Xing Yong Scott Winokur with of Midwest Chinese Martial Arts Center out of Kansas City. I just happened to be researching Shaolin Kung Fu schools in Kansas.

He has instructors in Lawerence and one in Topeka. Does anyone have any information about him?

Classes taught are
  • Chi Lu Chuan Kung Fu
  • Wing Chun
  • Tai Chi Chuan
  • White Willow
  • Chi Lu Chuan Chin Na
  • Trapping And Intercepting
  • R.A.T.T. Combat Self-Defense System
  • Kiddie Kung-Fu
  • Shuai Chiao
  • San Da
The last two listed above are sparring classes
  • Dragon Style Lung Lum Pa
  • Shaolin 8-Animal Kung-Fu
School website
Midwest Chinese Martial Arts Center

It does indeed appear Master Scott Winokur now has a variety of videos for the public's perusal up on YouTube. Here, for example, is a two person form apparently from the 8-Animal Kung-Fu he is a Professor of:

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sitai Gung :disgust:

Great more self appointed titles from people who are clueless about the language and its meaning who NOW are mixing two dialects that, for the most part, CAN'T TALK TO ONE ANOTHER!!!!!

From now on when post to me please refer to me by my new self-appointed title of Chueh 皇帝 Gott von Xuefu

Since we're buds I'll call you &#303 for short....if that's OK?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Since we're buds I'll call you &#303 for short....if that's OK?

No problem.... &#303 is what happens when you change forum software and the smiles don't carry over:D

I will also answer to "Lord High Omnipotent Ruler Grand Master Sensei Shifu Guru Shigong and Evil Wizard of Xuefu".... but since were buds you, AND ONLY YOU, can just call me "Xue the Omnipotent One"..... of course the customary genuflecting will stay in place :D

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I went back and looked at the site for mr Scott Winocur once again . To make this short and not bash anyone I do not know I will say that his statement that "He is one of few martial arts practitioners with black belts in Chinese, Okinawan, Japanese, Korean, and Polynesian styles, and has received an honorary black belt in Shuai Chiao" dose not impress me I have those belts also and the Honorary degrees/belts do not mean squat.
His listing of his hall of fame credentials on his opening page tells me he has paid money to different organizations to give him important looking things to hang on his wall and impress people who know nothing of the arts.
Nice little long distance video of the kids to bad it is so far away I can't tell what they are doing.
--------------------------------------------------
Gabacho if I missed you in the meet and greet area sorry about that . Welcome to Martialtalk and I look forward to seeing more posts by you

TeaCup

White Belt
Reaction score
Someone I trained with made a very good point one day after class when I asked about his credentials. His reply: When you can take my belt from me you can question it's legitimacy.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Someone I trained with made a very good point one day after class when I asked about his credentials. His reply: When you can take my belt from me you can question it's legitimacy.
So...he wouldn't answer your question?

Did you ask respectfully? Were you simply asking who his teachers were and to what level he trained? Respectfully?

Or were you challenging his rank?

And...he wouldn't give you an answer?

Theres probably more to the story here, but on its face I'm not impressed.

TeaCup

White Belt
Reaction score
He did answer, it was a long time ago I don't remember the names he gave.

Was not challenging his legitimacy, and yes I did ask respectfully.

And I did try to take his belt. On a number of occasions. Never succeeded but got close once and only after I had trained with him for a long time.

He explained his point to mean this: A belt is a symbol of proficiency, either given to you because someone else says your proficient, or you decide to wear it because you know you are proficient. The bottom line is, if your going to question someone's proficiency in a given fighting art, if your not willing to try and take their belt, or if you are willing and you can't take the belt, your doubts about their proficiency have no real basis or merrit.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
He did answer, it was a long time ago I don't remember the names he gave.

Was not challenging his legitimacy, and yes I did ask respectfully.

And I did try to take his belt. On a number of occasions. Never succeeded but got close once and only after I had trained with him for a long time.

He explained his point to mean this: A belt is a symbol of proficiency, either given to you because someone else says your proficient, or you decide to wear it because you know you are proficient. The bottom line is, if your going to question someone's proficiency in a given fighting art, if your not willing to try and take their belt, or if you are willing and you can't take the belt, your doubts about their proficiency have no real basis or merrit.
Oh, I understand the backstory behind such comments.