Shaolin Kung Fu Training

M

Mark Weiser

Tonight I visited the School in Lawerence KS and I was in for a shock. Let me see what I can remember.

The approach to stances are very different than I was used to such as balance on the heels instead of the ball of the feet. Lowering the your body center towards the floor while maintaining your back and neck in alignment. The idea of striking with energy instead of using your muscles for power to strike. I think this will be an interesting experience. He (the instructor) encouraged me to attend the Tai Chi classes to learn how to use and focus your energy.

The mental focus and direction will be a great learning experience that will enhance my previous MA training.

Funny little side note I am still learning the bow in lol! This is the very first step in attending the class. We also worked on stances and mental focus.

OP
S

sifu Adams

what syle of shaolin Kung fu. tiger-dragon- all or was it a shaolin do school?

OP
S

sifu Adams

Did you asked about the backgroud of the system. do they have a main anamial or just do the internal.

OP
S

sifu Adams

looks like you have got into a good school. the websight look as if they know what they are talking about. The reason I ask the question is I have seen Kung fu schools that will put you in the stances for year because they don't know what they are doing and they have to stall for time. they look as if they are a ceratiable school with some history and I think you will enjoy your training good luck

OP
R

RHD

Mark Weiser said:
The approach to stances are very different than I was used to such as balance on the heels instead of the ball of the feet.

??? :idunno:

What?

Mike