Kokusai Dentokan Bugei Renmei

OP
G

GojuBujin

Osu,

Im still working on the website, I have only about 60 percent of the photos up i intend to put on the site. Sensei Hobbs has many more that are not digitized in his records. I can not find any more pictures currently on file that actually show him being awarded his other ranks, but ill see what i can do, since so many seem to think i and my teacher are not what we say we are.

Michael C. Byrd
www.inigmasoft.com/goyukai
www.dentokanhombu.com

I'll get more pictures if they exist of him receiving his other certs, if someone wants to see them. Check the site out completely. You'll see Seiki Toma, Shian Toma, and many others.

OP
G

GojuBujin

Attachments

• $tomadojo4.jpg
    $tomadojo4.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 426
OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by GojuBujin
Here's a pic for Shian Toma's Dojo, aka Seidokan.

Michael
www.dentokanhombu.com

Yeah that's him and that's Toma......which proves he and Toma were in the same room and nothing more.
You're not getting my point about the "photo op" scam people are doing these days. Read my post about Mr. Sugino's dojo again. I had my photo taken with Bob Sapp........so wwhat...
Also "master" Hobbs needs to lift up that left arm since the tonfa shouldn't be pointed downward. He also might want to fix those wrists too. Those are mistakes my kyu ranks make.

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Originally posted by GojuBujin
Osu,

Im still working on the website, I have only about 60 percent of the photos up i intend to put on the site. Sensei Hobbs has many more that are not digitized in his records. I can not find any more pictures currently on file that actually show him being awarded his other ranks, but ill see what i can do, since so many seem to think i and my teacher are not what we say we are.

Michael C. Byrd
www.dentokanhombu.com

I'll get more pictures if they exist of him receiving his other certs, if someone wants to see them. Check the site out completely. You'll see Seiki Toma, Shian Toma, and many others.

Seriously, don’t waste your time. I am going to unsubscribe to this thread as it will never go anywhere.
There is no way in hell a guy that is my age or maybe a little bit younger could have "a" 10th dan let alone 4 in a legit way.

OP
G

GojuBujin

Osu,

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO READ THESE TO A CERTAIN DEGREE!

http://www.dentokanhombu.com/toma10.jpg 10th dan with toma
http://www.dentokanhombu.com/kokodokaiden.jpg 10th dan with irie sensei

http://www.dentokanhombu.com/hakko11.jpg
(I get the impression they just dont invite anyone over for dinner, he's holding Ryuho Okuyama's grandson in this picture)

www.dentokanhombu.com

Well i tell ya what, anytime you are in the St. Louis area stop on by and I'm sure I can arrange for you to see them. I am not a liar and neither is my teacher. Do with that what you want. The truth is the truth even if you dont accept it.

Michael
www.dentokanhombu.com

Here's another link to chew on.

http://www.hanshinoiinkai.org/members.htm

OP
G

GojuBujin

with sensei toma at shuri castle

Attachments

• $tomashian16a.jpg
    $tomashian16a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 392
OP
G

GojuBujin

Group picture, Toma Dojo, 1993

Attachments

• $tomadojo08.jpg
    $tomadojo08.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 433
OP
G

GojuBujin

With Shian Toma, 1980

Attachments

• $tomashian17.jpg
    $tomashian17.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 441
OP
G

GojuBujin

Seki Toma Sensei, Sensei Takahiro Shinjo, Sensei Hobbs

Attachments

• $seikitoma02.jpg
    $seikitoma02.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 463
OP
G

GojuBujin

with Sensei Fumio Demura, 1994/5

Attachments

• $panama-iai02.jpg
    $panama-iai02.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 319
OP
G

GojuBujin

Sensei Yoshio Kuba and Sensei Hobbs

Attachments

• $kuba2.jpg
    $kuba2.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 381
OP
G

GojuBujin

Dinner celebration, award of Menkyo Kaiden to myself,
with Irie Sensei and friends at the KoKoDo Hombu, 1998

Attachments

• $kokodo1.jpg
    $kokodo1.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 376
OP
G

GojuBujin

Shihan test, Irie Sensei is my uke, Waka Sensei (Ryuho Okuyama's son)

Attachments

• $hakko-ryu4.jpg
    $hakko-ryu4.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 349
OP
G

GojuBujin

Osu,

I have spoken to my Sensei and he expected no less, because of all the people out there that "claim' such things and when a real one comes along they dont believe it. I will be posting to the website within the next day or two, full color photos of all his major Dan certificates. His latest ranking in iai jutsu he has not received yet from japan, but those will follow.

Michael C. Byrd
www.dentokanhombu.com

OP
D

Dave Fulton

Byrd Sensei,

In the broader scheme of things, I think Mr. Rousselot's approach of making unsubstantiated accusations, while admitting that he is unwilling to make an effort to objectively review any evidence, does more damage to his own reputation than it does to anyone else.

Unfortunately, there will always be people like Mr. Rousselot out there and they are a complete waste of time in my opinion. In a way I pitty them.

Respectfully,

Dave Fulton

OP
R

RyuShiKan

Objective opinion…………ok

The certificate on the far right of the webpage

http://www.dentokanhombu.com/sensei.htm

Or shall we call it how to spot the fake dan certificate.

First of all dan certificates from Okinawan or Japanese teachers are hand written….not printed out with a word processor like this one is.

The kanji at the bottom for “Hanshi” look as if they were written by either a child or a foreigner not an adult Japanese/Okinawa

Attachments

• $wordpro.jpg
    $wordpro.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 354
OP
R

RyuShiKan

This seal or “hanko” as they are known is an extremely cheap variety that one buys at a 7-11 in Japan and is not the kind used on important documents or dan certificates.

This is too easy to forge or copy and would never be used on a "real" certificate.

Attachments

• $hanko.jpg
    $hanko.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 291
OP
R

RyuShiKan

This reads it is certificate number 2.
That means that dojo has only given out 2 certificates in its entire existence. It has nothing to do with the dan grade or how many of that dan grade were given out it denotes how many certificates have been given out.
Kind of like the number on a check has no relation to the amount of money to be paid out……..it’s for tracking purposes.

Attachments

• $number.jpg
    $number.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 288
OP
R

RyuShiKan

This one is a 10th dan and was awarded by Bruce Heilman of the IKKF…..last I heard Bruce was an 8th or 9th dan so I wonder how he can give out a 10th dan.

Attachments

• $bh.jpg
    $bh.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 339

Latest Discussions