knockout

M

muayThaiPerson

man, in school, this guy started problems with me just cuz he thought i wouldnt do anything. im not a big guy, but he is...so he started to talk about my family and making fun of me. i dont even know this guy. well i told him he'd better shut up. i was quite mad at the moment and didnt know wat to do. so i started to curse. i told him to shut the f*** up. he was like "what?you think your hard now?". i told him i didnt do anything and asked wat his problem was. then my big mouth friend said i was a MAist. thats when i knew there was going to be a fight. he started to mock me. after school, i was walking to the corner and i saw him. so i walked to the opposite street. the f***er came over and started pushing me and asked why "I was talking ***** about him in class". when i pushed back, he swung. i didnt see it comming so i was hit several times continously. luckily i didnt fall, i didnt get a chance to hit him once. i ran backwards fast and threw a high knee...that ended it all. he was out cold but my face was in pain. he hit the white of my eye and its all red from the blood.

OP
F

fringe_dweller

No winners when crap like this happens. Tell your mate to keep his mouth shut about doing an MA next time.

Respectfully,

OP
J

J-kid

Good job, I would have droped this guy when he first opened his mouth, Instead of talking trash i like to say,(o is that so) CRACK say good night.

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
I'm sorry to read that dude. Looking at your profile, it seems that you'd be at an age where your schoolmates would have matured past the need for stupid antics like that, but I guess some @$$holes never grow up. :shrug:

Your eye will probably be fine, but you may want to have a doctor take a look at it just in case.

Hopefully there isn't a next time, but if there is, you don't need to hold back for so long. After he pushes you once, you just need to either warn him, calmly, or ask him to "please" leave you alone (just to make sure you cover yourself legally). Once you've done that, if someone goes to push you a second time, you're free to knock them into next week.

Just, whatever you do, don't attack the guy after you've incapacitated him, or you may not be able to justify self-defense. (Not that I think you would, but some people get carried away.)

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

It sounds to me like YOU caused the situation to escalate. If you would have just ignored the the punk and walked away, instead of verbally reacting, the situation would have died down. When you stood up to him, you damaged his pride and he had to save face by taking you on. What I don't understand how you can be hit so many times. The first thing any real MA will tell you is that a push is usually a prelude to a punch. You should have swung as soon as he pushed you if you were expecting a fight. I hope the guy does'nt figure you just got in a lucky hit, which is my opinion, and come after you again
Originally posted by Judo-kid
Good job, I would have droped this guy when he first opened his mouth, Instead of talking trash i like to say,(o is that so) CRACK say good night.

It's BS like this that gives MA a bad name. Some of these children need to grow up

Zepp

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The woods of Marin County, California, USA
Originally posted by Kenpo Wolf
It sounds to me like YOU caused the situation to escalate.

Sounds like you've been out of high school for quite some time now Kenpo Wolf. :D

It's true that muayThaiPerson could have just walked away in the beginning, but he really had no way of knowing that that jerk was going to get physical. Responding the way he did initially is just the social norm for his age group (and sometimes for mine too- and I'm in college.)

OP
A

Astra

I'm sorry for what happened, but what you did was pretty ignorant at the least. You pushed back when it was obvious he was looking for a fight.(Do people push you out of the blue and then leave you alone if you push back?) You failed to be alert when a fight was on it's way and as I understand from what you said, you didn't keep a distance long enough to defend yourself.

I'd also go and check with a doctor about that eye.

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My advice is not to listen to what anyone here tells you about what you should or should not have done. None of us were there, so we have nothing but your post to base anything on.

You need to compare your actions with your own beliefs and go from there.

Cthulhu

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It is sad to see that a) you had to find yourself in such a situation, and b) that you were unable to find another way to deal with it.

I remember high school pretty well. I remember the fight I got into with about 10 guys on one side, and only 2 on mine (we won, but that's another story entirely and had more to do with psyops than it did with fighting...). I remember the bullies in school that had to compensate for a lack of intellect by flexing what pathetic muscles they had...

But you should still have avoided the conflict entirely. When the bully approached you, you could have taken his side and behaved in a submissive fashion, manipulating him into thinking he was in a position of power (when in fact you would have been playing him like a puppet). You could have admitted that the comments he made about your family were in fact true (hard to insult someone when they are busy insulting themselves - that takes the power away from the bully immediately, and it isn't fun for him to make rude comments anymore, especially if yours are funnier).

There are hundreds of ways to deal with bullies, and only a very few of them are physical... Martial arts are about learning fighting techniques, but they are also about strategy. Sun Tzu advised that a commander never engage the enemy when and where the enemy wanted to engage in battle, but to rather find a place and time that suited the commander. It would be good reading for you to delve into The Art of War and the Book of Five Rings for lessons in how to deal with aggression without resorting to facing it head on...

Sun Tzu also said that "a great warrior has victory in 1,000 battles. The greatest warrior is he that conquers himself."

I just hope next time you keep a cooler head... Things are different now as compared to when I was in school. We ran the risk of the other guy having a knife. You run the risk of the guy having friends with AKs and Uzis hanging out around the corner.

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

OP
R

RyuShiKan

MuayThaiPerson,

Miyagi Chujun said: “Anyone can suffer a little but it takes a real man to suffer a lot.”

This could be applied to the situation you went through.

It’s probably a good thing you didn’t do as Judo-Kid says he would have done. This is not the way of martial arts and shows a lack of maturity not only in personality but also in training and martial ability. Whacking someone in the mouth for insulting you may sound all macho and tough but is incredibly stupid.
Martial arts were devised to protect you and others from physical assaults not verbal ones.
Verbal assaults will only bother you if you think they are true and if you retaliate with violence you may end up in court/jail if you are over 18.
If you knock the crap out of someone that just said something and it goes to court and if the Judge hears you do martial arts, which he will, then you will be in even bigger trouble.
They will consider you to be the bad guy and not the other way around.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Once again I'm sorry to hear about your mishap. That's too bad the jerk wouldn't leave you alone. Sometimes that happens when some dirt bag thinks he is high and mighty and really isn't. Kudos for trying to get away from the situation the best you could. Your friend also shouldn't have done that to you as well. He should have left well enough alone. Hopefully your eye will get better soon. Take care.

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

Originally posted by Johnathan Napalm
How does someone run "backwards fast and threw a high knee" ?

it was followed by a push kick.

-------------------------------------------

for those who said walk away, its not that easy. in high school, if let people push like that, then everyone is gonnna run over you.

OP
J

J-kid

Kenpo wolf you have no honor,

I dont let people walk on me cause its a doggy dog world.
Once you show weakness every Joe Dick And Harry wants to show there better then you.

First off if a guy was pushing you and causing this kind of problem, He is wanting to fight you, These are fighting words.
If you dont fight him he will bully you. I guess you must not have gone to High school or somthing because you would know i am right.

OP
J

J-kid

Also i wouldnt have fought him right away ether, I proble would have done closer to the same thing, There is always a chance i might. I never get into any fights unless someone wants to fight me for god knows what reason.

Also i only fight people when they lay there hands on me.
But i would exchang words if someone is really making me that mad.

Its about Respect, If i respect people , People should Respect me.

Not to mention martial arts helps alot in sistations like that where Talking fails.

You knocked him out for the right reasons, He deserves what he got if your storey is 100% correct./

OP
M

muayThaiPerson

judo-kid, i totally feel you man. its all about defending your name. are u a junior? or senior?

OP
K

Kirk

I dont let people walk on me cause its a doggy dog world.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

OP
S

sweeper

I disagree jk

The great equaliser in highschool isn't brutality but rather psychology. People don't fear getting beaten up they fear loosing face.. I went through highschool without ever getting in a fight and with out ever being bullied..

Latest Discussions