Killing Techniques of WC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eru Ilúvatar

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yoshi, sorry if I have judged you wrongly but reading your last hundred or so posts I have come to realise that people like you, with that kind of mindset, are one of the reasons why I train in martial arts. Geezers advice on terapy is something I want you to consider. As I said on another thread, hypotheticaly speaking there are situtations where there is no way out than using maiming/killing methods but to have a mindset that you will kill anyone who attacks you crys out for terapy. And thats the mindset, I got the impression (from other threads too) you have.

In the past year there have been 2 cases where people were beaten to death with fists, here where I live. And I live in a town of 300,000. But chances are that 80% percent of people on this forum will never in there life have to use leathel technique to get out of the situation alive/unmaimed. Sure this varies from where you live and in what kind of circles of people you hang out but at least where I live I can say that is true.

I would like to ask you again(as you didn't answer me on another thread), in how many real street fights have you been to see life so grimly? How can you say you would have no remorse in killing a person? I know people who were in war and had nightmares about killing people even 50 years later! I would also like to ask you if murder, raping, maiming and gunpoint robbery hapen a lot where you live? If they do, and you have a wife and doughter as you say in your examples, I would strongly advise that you move to a safer place! Forget techniques. Even the best ones won't neceserely help you in those kind of situations.

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
lol. under the pillow?

It's a big pillow, I guess:wink2:

i also have weapons in my bathroom. my toothbrush is actually a 3 sectional staff.:lol:
Cool!! I wish I could have an array of James Bond type weapons. The closest I have is a neckerchief that turns into a parachute, so I can jump from high buildings when being chased by gangsters:)

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I personally did not see much mention about killing techniques of Wingchun in the article.

If you really want to know how to kill someone learn anatomy and how to heal yourself and others. By the time it takes to learn this you will have forgotten the will to learn killing techniques.

Sandstorm

Green Belt
Reaction score
I personally did not see much mention about killing techniques of Wingchun in the article.

If you really want to know how to kill someone learn anatomy and how to heal yourself and others. By the time it takes to learn this you will have forgotten the will to learn killing techniques.

Amen to that:)

Seeker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What about techinques that uplifts people's spirits, touches their soul and helps them to see and feel love and the wonders of life?

:uhyeah:

bs10927

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Come into my bathroom after a good curry and you'll be subjected to a weapon of mass destruction. ;)

lol. that against the kwan dao!

when i'm being attacked with such ferocity when someone breaks in the house, i like to turn on the lights and review SLT very slowly in front of him. so as to intimidate the attacker with form.:ninja:

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As you can see the level of maturity on this board is very high

Wait... What?

Did you read the thread?

Any thread that contains the words "purple nurple", "atomic wedgie" and has references to the destructive power that curry holds over bathroom wallpaper is really not the thread to use as proof of the forums maturity...

OP
Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay excellent questions. An I took your comments as mere concerns. Although I may have misintrepret them. You could be actually using satire But in either case thankyou for your concern. As a kid before I actually started learning WC. I went to school were everyday there was someone trying to fight. In sixth grade people always tried to fight you. In seventh and eight grade. I got jumped into I joined a click of fighters. Then we do the jumping. But sometimes I would get jumped by ten to twenty people when I was alone in like a Gym class with none of my clique. I started learning WC. In high school then I learn various killing techniques from my sifu along with more humane techniques. No I have not went out murdering or doing evil things with the WC. There were times. Where I advoided fights. But just punking out An walking away. There were times where I was surrounded an couldn't run an use my WC. Usually I didn't hurt the people but made them know they couldn't hurt me. I am cool cumcumber. I usually never lose my cool even when fighting. Like for instance in high school I had a rather small clique there were only about five or seven of us at any given time that hung out. Really there were only four of us that fought people together. Two of us did WC and one did muay thai and one lifted weights and wrestled One time we three of us got jumped my this clique of seven guys. The most anyone got hurt was a hard side kick to the abdomen. But nothing was broken on the guy who attacked us. Another time those same guys tried to get me when I was alone. They tried to have this big guy fight me. He tried to punch at first. I simply pak sau and tan sau all his attacks. An grabbed one his hands to trap him. An then smacked him in the face. I also was a little silly. Since he couldn't hurt me I started nugging him...He tried to run away. Eventually he tried to pick me up. I guess he was going to slam me. So I wrapped my arms around his neck and locked on. So if he did slam I would pull on the muscles and nerves in neck while we went down. He just sat down lightly so i would let his neck go. The fight was over.

I personally don't like fighting. But its curious to me. WC was created for war. It was created to kill the Manchu's So why do people feel the need to dumb it down. Like for instance. Lets say you went to fight in a war. Maybe China took over America an you wanted to defend the new chinese government over. So you enlist in their army. Wouldn't killing techniques be useful. Before when I was younger I was really concern with that sorta stuff. But now since over the last ten years I have been studing and practicing many upper level stuff. Just so I can have it in my aresnal. I don't want some of WC I want it all.

As for killing someone with your fist. I don't advocate people going on a killing spree. or killing for sport and fun or just because you can. It true you could go to jail if you kill someone. But there are somethings worth killing and dying for. So why not train everything. How to stun,how to break bones,how to knock out,how to kill. Why only train A,B,C and D and leave out E?

No, Where I live at we don't have too many problems. Crime is every where. But if someone breaks in to my home I would just shoot him or stab him. I wouldn't use WC killing techniques.

We have no daughter yet.

But I train WC to be able to defend myself. I want to be ready for ever possible scenario. Not just some. I think developing certain aspects of WC is a benefit.

You dont have to use the techniques to break bones and kill?

But atleast having them and knowing them helps.

Eru Ilúvatar;1129464 said:
Yoshi, sorry if I have judged you wrongly but reading your last hundred or so posts I have come to realise that people like you, with that kind of mindset, are one of the reasons why I train in martial arts. Geezers advice on terapy is something I want you to consider. As I said on another thread, hypotheticaly speaking there are situtations where there is no way out than using maiming/killing methods but to have a mindset that you will kill anyone who attacks you crys out for terapy. And thats the mindset, I got the impression (from other threads too) you have.

In the past year there have been 2 cases where people were beaten to death with fists, here where I live. And I live in a town of 300,000. But chances are that 80% percent of people on this forum will never in there life have to use leathel technique to get out of the situation alive/unmaimed. Sure this varies from where you live and in what kind of circles of people you hang out but at least where I live I can say that is true.

I would like to ask you again(as you didn't answer me on another thread), in how many real street fights have you been to see life so grimly? How can you say you would have no remorse in killing a person? I know people who were in war and had nightmares about killing people even 50 years later! I would also like to ask you if murder, raping, maiming and gunpoint robbery hapen a lot where you live? If they do, and you have a wife and doughter as you say in your examples, I would strongly advise that you move to a safer place! Forget techniques. Even the best ones won't neceserely help you in those kind of situations.

I only browsed over this document. What is the connection between your question and the document exactly? Just curious is all:)

The Document has not to much to do with the Title"killing techniques of WC."

But I thought it was interesting. if you go down it talks a little about the Ming Rebels going to Shaolin to train and prepare for war against the manchus. The Shaolin Grandmaster devised WC because it took shorter time to learn and be of fighting power sooner.
It also tells you Short swords were used because they could hidden easier. So WC was devised for revolutionary force of Mings to destroy the Manchus!

Thankyou so true. Knowing about the meridans and various pressure points and acupressure points can all be adapted to fight with. I find the best places to attack are the center line points. Of course too much power of certain points can kill like inbetween the eyes with a conditioned phoenix fist! Hitting the throat with enough power with a conditioned phoenix fist or ginger fist! Chopping the throat hard enough with a gan sau. Hitting the side of the temples hard enough with a conditioned ridge hand. Someone able to Hit a home made heavy bag weighing 300lbs or more could do serious damage to organs in the body. Hitting certain points on the back of head hard enough with a conditioned Palm or Fist could kill.

But you are right. I don't think if you desire to learn every aspect that learning the various points on healing would get rid of your desire to learn how to kill with your art if you have too.

As has already been stated, there are quite a few moves that could be construed as killing moves. I think in order to justify using them, you have to be certain that your life is in mortal danger. I don't mean, some drunk in a pub, saying "you spilt my pint" and *BLAM!* he's chopped to certain parts of his anatomy. It's not always clear admittedly when you may be in mortal danger, but nip a situation in the bud early enough, and you may well de-escalate it.

Yes I agree one needs to know when he is in mortal danger. I think the case would be when your assailant has a gun or knife and they are Chi Sau range. If they haven't struck or shot you already then you have time to take them out using lethal force if possible. Or if your in war and have to use hand to hand combat. Then it could be useful. Maybe your black guy defending your family from a KKK...I know thats way out their on a limb. Lol. But I don't think you should study WC to beat people up. Nor should you learn the Breaking and Maiming techniques to go out maime random people. Nor should you learn how to kill with your bare hands from the Marines, Army or Sifu so you can go on a killing spree or just kill anybody who tries to fight with you because they are arrogant.

I am not saying that at all. People make out to be some monster who goes out challenging people to the death. Thats not my bag at all.

I'm not going to talk about lethal techniques of Wing Chun because I believe it would be irresponsible , anyway anyone with half a brain and experience in Wing Chun can work out what they are anyway . Suffice to say that a lot of targets on the body struck with enough velocity , in the right way and if the recipient is extremely unlucky can result in death .

You are correct mook jong man. There are many pressure points on the body one can use to kill with. You can even use techniques from Chin Na to claw the face or rip the throat. But thats only if you condition your Hands and fingers with steel shots and raking your finger tips on trees. But my reason for starting this post was this?

1.What are you guys views on Killing Techniques? (Many You clearly hate the idea all together.)

2.Does your Kwoon teach them or hide them from you? (Alot of you guys I think may have never learn them.)

3.Are you interested in training to have killing power with your palm strikes and fist strikes? (You guys seem not to care about that part of WC or find it useless.)

In conclusion I think this thread is winner. Because although mostly all of you are critizing me,making slants at my charater,giving me a bad reputation, think I am sick in the head and clearly don't like me. It shows me no matter how controversial my post may be it has acquired three pages in one days time. Not even a full 24 hours. Were other simple basic threads are still maybe on one page. So No matter how repulsive or repungnant Killing Techniques in WC may be to you. It has alot of you commenting, reading, thinking and straight up participatining in thread you hate so much. Very interesting.

I think studing the Center line pressure points and various pressure on body along with training your palms,fingers,fist and toes to break hard objects would give you the conditioning needed for killing along with hitting a extremely heavy bag and wall bag training with steel shots,iron palm bag with steel shots along with bucket of steel shots you strike and grasp the shots squeezing hard. I think a combination of one or two of these things would give you what you need to be more of deadly WC practioner. But this is my opinion. Clearly many of you will disagree and think its utterly useless and waste of time. You rather spend your time going over SLT or practicing your Root instead of doing both!

skinters

Blue Belt
Reaction score
good on you yosh,

you might have found a better way to start the thread imo, but you stuck to your guns and fought back. good martial art spirit .

you might be a bit unorthadox in your questions and the way you put em,but you got BIG BALLS,to come back with all that.

salute.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I think the majority of people replying to this thread agree to the assumption that there are "killing moves" but wouldn't rather talk about it because sometimes, there's just no "special move" to kill someone. Yes, there are techniques out there that can cause immediate pain, and eventual maiming, but there's a thing called control.

In training, you know when you're at the point you can hurt your partner. If it came down to it, and you had to kill to defend, you could take that pressure up another notch.

In your words, Yosh, you learn A, B, C... but D.... you know where that is. There's no reason to discuss the myriad of ways to kill another human being. The majority of my training isn't to kill, but to make myself better. Killing doesn't have to be involved, or overshadow training.

That would be a bummer and totally delineate my original purpose to train and put me in a bad place in my own mind...

As to your high school experiences, please elaborate on what kind of school lets you run around in clicks of 'fighters' where you would tangle with 20 other kids. Saying there's no way out so you could use your MA training says that there's a lot of other stuff you would need to work on, like social graces, word-jitsu, and anger management.

There could be another World War. Considering history and human nature, some might think it's only a matter of time. But unlike those fought in the past, the majority of those battles will be fought with bullets and bombs, not fists and feet.

Sorry, pressing your concepts on "killing someone" means you don't "get" your own art. At least not in the way that it's meant to be taught. Does your instructor condone such thinking? I'm getting, from your previous posts, that you take a lot of stock in the opinion of your instructor (s?)... maybe to a fault? Maybe too literal?

Take a look around in other MA studios/schools. Yes, there are folks out there who prepare for the worst-case scenario in order to defend those they love. It's grim, to be sure. But among that community, you'll find an over-abundance of personalities who savor, enjoy, love, and cherish human life... and train to understand that sort of defense has consequences, whether it be legal, moral, or spiritual.

What I'm saying is that merely posting this thread denotes certain faults within your own person that might need more attention than learning/contemplating "killing techniques." Considering the community at hand, I would trust their judgement. There's like, what, eleventy billion years of MA and LIFE experience in this forum?

Besides, I don't believe in Teh Death Touch...

I believe in the Konami Code:

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yoshiyahu

I have a Sanda sifu and the version of Sanda I trained was Police/Military it is most certainly made to be incredibly nasty to those you fight and if we are talking Military it certainly is not points sparing. However my sifu never talks of killing he has said only that he will not teach anyone that he does not know or trust because he never wants to be responsible for someone going out and using Sanda to hurt others. He has said Sanda is not the best marital art or the worst it is just a way to quickly learn how to hurt someone very badly. He also takes it incredibly seriously and if he read some of my past posts on Sanda and knew it was me he might stop teaching me since it is not something he ever tells anyone he does not know and trust anything about Sanda nor does he even mention it at all this is part of why I no longer post much on it any longer, out of respect for my sifu and my friend. I am also rather certain that if I was ever to go ask him about killing techniques he would stop teaching me all together.

As my first sensei instilled in me; Fighting is a very serious thing and you should not take it lightly. But if you fight and survive the fight you have to understand you will have to live with the consequences of that fight so best thing, if at all possible, is to run away. And I can tell you I did not remember what he said one time in my youth and I regret the outcome to this day

Asking about killing techniques to me shows a rather large disrespect for martial arts and people like the teachers I have been lucky enough to train with over the many years I have been at this. I do not believe you intended to any of that but this is how I take it.

It is not something discussed openly with people you do not know and trust.

As to dumbing thing down, I have trained Taiji for many years and there are a lot of people that do taiji that have no idea it is a martial art...they just know the dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions