Kibon Poomsae

Mr. Miller

White Belt
Reaction score
A previous entry noted six Kibon poomsae developed within Chungdokwan by Master Hae Man Park. Where can I find the demonstration of these?

OP
M

Mr. Miller

White Belt
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but my browser at work will not display this site. Even step instructions would work. Do you know where I can find that? I am also interested in finding a United Chung Do Kwan Student Manual. I know it's a long shot to find one, but I am an old student of Master Darby Holsing, and am getting back into TKD and lost my old manual in a move.

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but my browser at work will not display this site. Even step instructions would work. Do you know where I can find that? I am also interested in finding a United Chung Do Kwan Student Manual. I know it's a long shot to find one, but I am an old student of Master Darby Holsing, and am getting back into TKD and lost my old manual in a move.

As noted in that thread above, there are Kibon Poomsae & kibon exercises. The Kibon exercises are a set of 7 combinations of blocks & strikes with 8 movements in each. These were designed by GM Park, Hae Man. The Kibon Poomsae (there are 2 of them) are poomsae that have 20 techniques in them.

The only place I know to get the kibon exercises on dvd is the US Chung Do Kwan Association website. The dvd has 5 of the 7. The Official Mannuel of Taekwondo has both Kibon Poomsae in them.

*(note: Kibon Poomsae is capitalized simply to differentiate it from from the exerecises).

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score

Welcome to MT!

You might check with the American CDK Limited folks as I believe they are an offshoot of the United CDK. Here is their website: http://www.acdkl.org/

As far as step by step instructions to the kibons, you can get them here:http://www.bluewavetkd.com/ under testing requirements.

Good luck!

Miles

Latest Discussions