Ken's Trading Company/ Golden Tiger

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Mr C has already heard this, but I am going to tell you of my experience with Ken's Trading Company/Golden Tiger out of California. A few weeks ago we received their catalog and their prices were signifigantly cheaper than my normal supplier, and they had a larger selection. My normal supplier is Tiger Claw and I will be going back to them. A week ago, we placed an order from them, mostly belts, a few gi(s) and a few weapons. My sister had asked Tess to order me an embroidered belt, so that was part of the order. When Tess placed the order two weeks ago, she specifically asked, will it be here be here by the 10th. She was told that with the exception of two items that were on back order, yes, it would be, that all orders ship within 48 hours. She said ok, as long as they were SURE that it would be here by the 10th. She was told yes. As I was out inadvertantly cutting my cable line in the yard on Monday, I saw the UPS truck drive by and not stop. I asked Tess to call them and find out what was going on, get a tracking number or something. Well, they are in Califoria and do not open til after 11:00 EST. So, she waited and called. The young lady she spoke to said (after taking 10 minutes to find the account and another 5 to find the order) that the order had not even been shipped yet! Tess asked why and was told that there was only one person working the ware house and they were backed up. Needless to say, my Office Manager/Wife was not pleased. She asked for a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would not be in for til 10:30 or 11:00 their time(1:30 to 2:00 here). At 2:00, while I was repairing the cut cable line, Tess called back and gotthe same girl.. She asked for the supervisor straight away and was told she was on the phone. Tess said she would hold, she was told that the lady would be on the phone "for quite a while." So, Tess said "fine, I'll call the corporate office." She hung up and called the number for the main office, which was not toll free and got the same girl! By now, I was a trifle grumpy and decided I needed to call. I got a different girl on the phone, one that helped me open my account. I explained that I was less than overjoyed with the company and the situation. She told me that I should speak to her supervisor and promptly got her on the phone. I explained the sitation to her and the fact that I was displeased. I got the standard insincere apology, about 9 times through the course of the conversation. She told me that I should have never been promised the order and the reason for the hold up was the embroidered belt. I asked her why this was not told to us when we placed the order. Again, canned apology. After 9 apologies I told her to can them as they were meaningless. She got girl number 1 in the office whopromptly told her she told Tess it was because of the belt. My blood pressure soared. I told Supervisor that she had caused me great hardship in terms of time and money and how did she plan to rectify this. Her answer, "i will make sure it gets shipped today, Which means you shouldhave it by Friday" I said, "Damn right you are, but what are you going to do to make up for my loss?" Her answer, nothing. I told her that as this was THEIR fault they should send it over night and eat the shipping cost. I was told "No, I can't justify that, it would cost me too much and your order doesn't justify it". She said"It would cost me 40 to 50 dolars to overnight your order, I'll not charge you for regular ground shipping but I'm not paying for over night." I said, "Do you have any idea what it is going to cost you to not overnight it?'
She said, "I have no idea and is that a threat?" I said "Yes, call the FBI". I told her that in no uncertain terms that if I did not have that package TODAY, i would tell everyone I had ever known in the MA community what a poorly run fly by night operation they are running. SHe told me to do what I had to do. I have not received my package. I also told her that I would be sending a complaint to he FTC since this crosses state boundaries and the are falsely advertising their services. She told me to do "Whatever you think yo have to, i am shipping it today regular UPS ground." So my friends, do what you want, but Ken's Trading Company/Golden Tiger gets a hearty thumbs down from me!:angry: :flammad: :disgust:

K

Kirk

Tip noted!!!!! Consequences be damned, I probably would've
canceled the whole order.

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
We have companies like that here in England too.

The attitude seems to be "We've processed your payment, nothing else matters"

I recently had a parcel delivered late, (belts for a grading), after paying the extra for 24 hour delivery.

They wouldn't even begin tracking it until the 24 hours was up, and eventually said "Sorry, it got to the local depot too late to go out that day"

Had they been a bit more organised, and let me know, I could have picked it up at their local depot myself.

Les

K

Kirk

This didn't even happen to ME, and I'm still cheesed about it!
:mad: That "oh you do what you have to do" attitude
AARRRRGGH! I had a similar witch tell me that from TWA after
I got royally screwed by them. I made a web page about the
whole experience, and even registered the domain TWAcanBlowMe.com ... got a cease and desist order! hehehehe
The only thing that ticked me off is they give people free tickets
all the time ... they could've OFFERED me some to take the site
down instead of threaten legal action! If their service didn't bite
so hard, the site would've never existed in the first place.

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les

Seig,

How did you come to do this? And why?

Les
Tess and I have two black labs, a 110 pound male and an 85 pound female, and letting them out on a line or one at a time is a nuiscance. I am in the process of installing an underground fence so they can have the run of the whole yard and I can let them out to play with each other instead of trashing what is left of the house. When you install an underground fence you have to have a 1 to 2 inch trench to bury the cable in. Iborrowed a trencher from a friend of mine and was making the trench. Well, when the knuckle heads installed cable here 13 years ago, they were stupid about it. The cable is one inch under ground four feet away from the house and at a weird angle. So, thinking I was safe at the distance I was cutting........:rolleyes:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
hi Seig,

Is that one of those invisible fences with that cause the collar to buzz and then shock the dog?

If so, they only work on certain animals, we had a golden retreiver who considered the shock to be her price for freedom. You could actually watch her get up her nerve to charge the fenceline, and then you would hear "yelp" and then she was gone. And since they would get shocked crossing the fence to get home, they don't come home either.

I hope your experience is better, we finally put a real fence up instead.

Lamont

Les

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Well, when the knuckle heads installed cable here 13 years ago, they were stupid about it. The cable is one inch under ground four feet away from the house and at a weird angle.

Seig,

While I can see how annoying this situation is for you, it's somewhat re-assuring to hear that the "cable guy's" shoddy workmanship is an international problem.:)

Utility workers here in England are a law unto themselves.

Les

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blindside

hi Seig,

Is that one of those invisible fences with that cause the collar to buzz and then shock the dog?

If so, they only work on certain animals, we had a golden retreiver who considered the shock to be her price for freedom. You could actually watch her get up her nerve to charge the fenceline, and then you would hear "yelp" and then she was gone. And since they would get shocked crossing the fence to get home, they don't come home either.

I hope your experience is better, we finally put a real fence up instead.

Lamont
The older lab has been confined by one before, he will be no problem. The younger lab does not like sudden noises or electricity. She should be fine, I'll let you know.

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Les

Seig,

While I can see how annoying this situation is for you, it's somewhat re-assuring to hear that the "cable guy's" shoddy workmanship is an international problem.:)

Utility workers here in England are a law unto themselves.

Les
And that is why I am going to go to satellite this winter. I used to install them and it will be done correctly.

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Personal note to self:

(writing on paper)

"Kens trading co./golden tiger sucks, do not use.
Reason: lousy customer service policy, lousy shipping practices."

Ok Seig, so noted, they will never be used by me or anyone I know.

:asian:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Seig

Mr C has already heard this, but I am going to tell you of my experience with Ken's Trading Company/Golden Tiger out of California. A few weeks ago we received their catalog and their prices were signifigantly cheaper than my normal supplier, and they had a larger selection. My normal supplier is Tiger Claw and I will be going back to them. A week ago, we placed an order from them, mostly belts, a few gi(s) and a few weapons. My sister had asked Tess to order me an embroidered belt, so that was part of the order. When Tess placed the order two weeks ago, she specifically asked, will it be here be here by the 10th. She was told that with the exception of two items that were on back order, yes, it would be, that all orders ship within 48 hours. She said ok, as long as they were SURE that it would be here by the 10th. She was told yes. As I was out inadvertantly cutting my cable line in the yard on Monday, I saw the UPS truck drive by and not stop. I asked Tess to call them and find out what was going on, get a tracking number or something. Well, they are in Califoria and do not open til after 11:00 EST. So, she waited and called. The young lady she spoke to said (after taking 10 minutes to find the account and another 5 to find the order) that the order had not even been shipped yet! Tess asked why and was told that there was only one person working the ware house and they were backed up. Needless to say, my Office Manager/Wife was not pleased. She asked for a supervisor and was told that the supervisor would not be in for til 10:30 or 11:00 their time(1:30 to 2:00 here). At 2:00, while I was repairing the cut cable line, Tess called back and gotthe same girl.. She asked for the supervisor straight away and was told she was on the phone. Tess said she would hold, she was told that the lady would be on the phone "for quite a while." So, Tess said "fine, I'll call the corporate office." She hung up and called the number for the main office, which was not toll free and got the same girl! By now, I was a trifle grumpy and decided I needed to call. I got a different girl on the phone, one that helped me open my account. I explained that I was less than overjoyed with the company and the situation. She told me that I should speak to her supervisor and promptly got her on the phone. I explained the sitation to her and the fact that I was displeased. I got the standard insincere apology, about 9 times through the course of the conversation. She told me that I should have never been promised the order and the reason for the hold up was the embroidered belt. I asked her why this was not told to us when we placed the order. Again, canned apology. After 9 apologies I told her to can them as they were meaningless. She got girl number 1 in the office whopromptly told her she told Tess it was because of the belt. My blood pressure soared. I told Supervisor that she had caused me great hardship in terms of time and money and how did she plan to rectify this. Her answer, "i will make sure it gets shipped today, Which means you shouldhave it by Friday" I said, "Damn right you are, but what are you going to do to make up for my loss?" Her answer, nothing. I told her that as this was THEIR fault they should send it over night and eat the shipping cost. I was told "No, I can't justify that, it would cost me too much and your order doesn't justify it". She said"It would cost me 40 to 50 dolars to overnight your order, I'll not charge you for regular ground shipping but I'm not paying for over night." I said, "Do you have any idea what it is going to cost you to not overnight it?'
She said, "I have no idea and is that a threat?" I said "Yes, call the FBI". I told her that in no uncertain terms that if I did not have that package TODAY, i would tell everyone I had ever known in the MA community what a poorly run fly by night operation they are running. SHe told me to do what I had to do. I have not received my package. I also told her that I would be sending a complaint to he FTC since this crosses state boundaries and the are falsely advertising their services. She told me to do "Whatever you think yo have to, i am shipping it today regular UPS ground." So my friends, do what you want, but Ken's Trading Company/Golden Tiger gets a hearty thumbs down from me!:angry: :flammad: :disgust:

Seig, you know what to do. Remember the horses head in
Godfather I? I am sure you can relate!:eek:

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
and you think HE needs anger management? lol:rofl: what are you smoking? Horses head..... gross..... besides who is going to eat the rest of him....... YOU?

thats sick.......:mad: :confused: :shrug: :( :mad:

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

and you think HE needs anger management? lol:rofl: what are you smoking? Horses head..... gross..... besides who is going to eat the rest of him....... YOU?

thats sick.......:mad: :confused: :shrug: :( :mad:

What do you think we ate when we had those Philly Chhese Steak sandwiches???:rofl: