Chuck Liddell

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Looking through an old BB mag I found that Chuck has Black Belt in Hawaiian Kempo under John Hackleman. What the difference in Hawaiian Kempo to the other style of Kempo?
Bob:)

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, try this link:
http://www.slokickboxing.com/bios/index.html

According to his bio, he has a black belt in Kajukenbo (founded in Hawaii). Hawaii is where our roots are. As such, Kenpo/Kempo is very popular and diverse there. One of the reasons why Kenpo systems seem to be so effective is; Hawaii was a rough place to live in before it became a State. Kenpoists had plenty of opportunities to test what they had learned. Also allowed them to refine there system from many true life experiences. At least that's my take of it from some of the research I did.

There is also systems like RyuKyu and Shorinji Kempo that has an Okinawan linage. I really don't know what route those systems took to get to the states.

G

GouRonin

I think Chuck would be kicking @ss no matter what style he trained in.

OP
K

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There are several living legends here in the U.S. Seiyu Oyata, Seikichi Odo, and Shian Toma. All have direct lineage to Shigeru Nakamura(Founder of Okinawan Kempo). George Dilman learn most of his Kempo from Seiyu Oyata.
Bob :asian:

Latest Discussions