Kenpo Tools

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
...but...you gotta remember who you're talking about here...what do I know...I'm just a lowly teenager...

yes mr. c he needs a new brain....for some reason he still thinks he's a teenager...last i check twenty did not end in teen did it? :idunno:

going back to reading old threads now ;)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
FUZZYJ692000 said:
yes mr. c he needs a new brain....for some reason he still thinks he's a teenager...last i check twenty did not end in teen did it? :idunno: going back to reading old threads now ;)
Thanks......... could you straighten him out for me please.....

:ultracool

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Thanks......... could you straighten him out for me please.....

:ultracool

i've tried...he doesn't care about what comes out of my mouth....he kind of just beats me...okay i'm done being off topic now

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
FUZZYJ692000 said:
yes mr. c he needs a new brain....
hmm...guess I'll stop analyzing techniques and asking questions now. other people should know the material, maybe they'll ask some questions pertaining to topics Mr. C's gone over or mentioned.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
hmm...guess I'll stop analyzing techniques and asking questions now.
Just because you need a new brain because you can't realize that 20 is not a teenager anymore doesn't mean you need to stop breathing! :supcool:

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
OK, to bring this back on topic.....

By now, all of my students should know that the first 7 techniques of each belt follow the WOK in order. The WOK has 8 categories. I would like to see some discussion on the 8th category and how it pertains to our belt charts. Once we are done talking about that, maybe Mr. C will enlighten us.

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
woohoo...now that that's confirmed...the eighth grouping...I'm guessing that would include techniques such as...Courting The Tiger, Falcons of Force...even though they seem like they're not part of the same technique grouping, they are geared towards multiple attacks...then there are techniques that are combinations of techniques, such as The Bear and The Ram, which really help with spontaneous formulation showing how techniques can be combined in situations.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
woohoo...now that that's confirmed...the eighth grouping...(multiple attacks)
Yes!

Chronuss said:
I'm guessing that would include techniques such as...Courting The Tiger, Falcons of Force...
Aaaaaa yeah...... .... hmmmmmm what I don't get is why you are "guessing", what else are these? Duhhhhhhhhhh

Chronuss said:
Even though they seem like they're not part of the same technique grouping, they are geared towards multiple attacks...
Huhhhhhhhh ..... did I miss something or what? :toilclaw:

Chronuss said:
Then there are techniques that are combinations of techniques, such as The Bear and The Ram, which really help with spontaneous formulation showing how techniques can be combined in situations.
Ok, now I am really lost as to what the hell you are saying...... what are you smoking?

:idunno:

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
Huhhhhhhhh ..... did I miss something or what? :toilclaw:

Ok, now I am really lost as to what the hell you are saying...... what are you smoking?

:idunno:
how are Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force part of the same technique family...? They are geared towards multiple attacks, so that would put them in the 8th branch of the WoK...right? And as to The Bear and The Ram, it's a combination of techniques, correct? since I haven't learned all the techniques in the system, I can't base Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force off of any of the techniques I currently know and can't disect any specific technique combinations out of them...then again, I also don't know the entire system, so I've got quite a bit to learn. but that was my interpretation of the 8th branch of the WoK and from what I currently know from white to blue along with some brown.

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
How are Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force part of the same technique family...? They are geared towards multiple attacks, so that would put them in the 8th branch of the WoK...right? And as to The Bear and The Ram, it's a combination of techniques, correct?
They are part of the same WOK family because they involve Multiple Opponents........ duh....... you are losing me dude! The same holds true for the Bear and the Ram! I don't get your confusion?:idunno:

Chronuss said:
I can't base Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force off of any of the techniques I currently know.
So, who said you needed to? They are also 2 man attacks.....

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
At our latest Bi-Annual visit by Mr. C, my students did something that made me want to kill them all, and I still may. When Mr. C asked them if they had ever heard of Kenpo Tools, to a one, they said no. First of all, on one of his very first trips here, he spent considerable time on them. There are even pictures here on MT of Jason Farnsworth writing them down. I refer to them frequently in my teaching, Mr. C's visit, not only reinforced them with me and my students, but has made them pay closer attention.
One of the things he really hammered on was Path of Action. This has really allowed me to drill the Analytical Study of Motion into them. Not really so much a detailed explanation, but a recitation of what it is.
The point I am getting to is this. I refer often to the Kenpo Tools when I teach, often to drive home a point. I really do this a lot with the sayings. Instructors, how do you employ the Kenpo Tools? Students, how do you find them beneficial and what more can they do for you? How can we, as instructors, help you more with them?

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
how are Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force part of the same technique family...?
I'm want/going to comment on this later tonight. As long as the big man doesn't push me to the side :) I just seen this but I need to leave work in a couple of minutes.
:asian:

FUZZYJ692000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Seig said:
At our latest Bi-Annual visit by Mr. C, my students did something that made me want to kill them all, and I still may. When Mr. C asked them if they had ever heard of Kenpo Tools, to a one, they said no. First of all, on one of his very first trips here, he spent considerable time on them. There are even pictures here on MT of Jason Farnsworth writing them down. I refer to them frequently in my teaching, Mr. C's visit, not only reinforced them with me and my students, but has made them pay closer attention.
One of the things he really hammered on was Path of Action. This has really allowed me to drill the Analytical Study of Motion into them. Not really so much a detailed explanation, but a recitation of what it is.
The point I am getting to is this. I refer often to the Kenpo Tools when I teach, often to drive home a point. I really do this a lot with the sayings. Instructors, how do you employ the Kenpo Tools? Students, how do you find them beneficial and what more can they do for you? How can we, as instructors, help you more with them?

Okay, 1st off I densed on it when he said what were the Kenp Tools....after you said picture it rung a bell....i'm a visual learner. last week on tuesday when we were doing techniques and you were asking questions that went with the sayings or a tool i thought that personally helped me cause it was a visual thing, it made sense to me then.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Chronuss said:
how are Courting The Tiger and Falcons of Force part of the same technique family...? They are geared towards multiple attacks.
Well yes they are obviously geared towards multiple attackers as there are a total of 10 2-man techniques in the system. Each in their own right give specific ideas on how to handle 2 attackers. Since we are on C.T.T & F.O.F. Let's stay with that.
You can group many different ways but as long as you are specifically clear in your mind as to how and why and can back up your statements then there are no problems :) .
1) Types of the attacks. FOF shoulder level stiff arm grabs. CTT even closer 2 hand grab to each wrist by the attacker. Your dealing with different ranges yet both on the flank sides.

2) FOF deals with the attackers standing up and teaches you to spin inbetween the attackers. CTT deals with the attackers on one knee. So I would say they are related with the attackers fully standing and to one knee.

3) Look at the footwork pattern between the 2 techniques. FOF teaches you to spin but teaches you to front kick step behind into a rear twist then sidekick the attacker. CTT teaches you a slicing knife edge kick the plants into a front twist to knee strike the attackers front leg and sidekick the posting leg. I would say they are related in the footwork pattern.

I like to talk technique relationship but gots nobody to do it with here. :)

OP
Seig

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jason,
There are several people here to discuss it with. Start a new thread on that topic. That's why Mr. C started this forum.
BTW, Welcome. I didn't know you had officially joined us.
M

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Mike,
When I said that I had no one to discuss with I meant here in my area not this board.

Latest Discussions