Kenpo on T.V.

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
I was watching a rerun of Seinfeld last night. Cosmo was taking kara-tay(his pronunciation). What I liked was when they showed the outside of the studio. The studio banner said "kenpo karate". What I did'nt like was they demonstrated NO kenpo. The uniforms etc., looked very tae kwon do ish! I still thought it was kewl to see kenpo somewhat mentioned. Especially on a show of such stature. I wonder if that little blurb caused anyone to search out a kenpo school?

Salute:asian:

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by arnisador
Of course there was also a judo episode of The Brady Bunch, if memory serves.

I would give Marsha Brady a kesa gatame any old day!
Woo!
:rolleyes:

jaybacca72

Blue Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
who you kidding gou,you would like to be in alice's guard
haha yyyyyyyooooowwwwwwwzzzaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
later
jay
ps sometimes i kill myself:D

G

GouRonin

Originally posted by jaybacca72
who you kidding gou,you would like to be in alice's guard
haha yyyyyyyooooowwwwwwwzzzaaa!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, Alice was always playing with knives. I think she was more of a filipino style fighter.

Mr. Brady, the dad, was one of those greco roman wrestlers if you get my drift...

Originally posted by jaybacca72
ps sometimes i kill myself:D

Heh heh heh...want some help?

K

kenposcum

Remember "Small Wonder?" Vicky was always beating the crap out of people.
:asian:

OP
D

donald

Black Belt
Reaction score
Remember the Happy Days show? Arnold was a black belt in something, and taught Shortcake some moves. Which she used to flip Richie all the way home! There was another show on, which featured a family named Hogan. The lead was supposed to be Valerie(Rhoda)Harper, but she allegedly "prima donna-ed" her self out of it. The lady who played Peter Pan on Broadway took her place. Anyway the guy who played the dad studied kenpo. I think with the Island kenpo guys in California. I can't think of the instructors name to save my life. A little help?!!

Salute in Christ,
:asian:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by donald

Anyway the guy who played the dad studied kenpo. I think with the Island kenpo guys in California. I can't think of the instructors name to save my life. A little help?!!

Josh Taylor (I) is his name.

Latest Discussions