Kenpo in Star Wars

U

Ultraboy

Geek time:

I remember reading awhile back about there being kenpo in 'Attack of the Clones'. Having wasted my mon--I mean, having purchased the DVD, I'm still trying to find it. I thought I could discern the beginnings of Delayed Sword in Obi Wan's battle with Jango, but that's it.

Or should I just get a life?

Check out this thread for a discussion on the subject. You're in good company.

I'm sure there are various Kenpo movements throughout both Episode I and II. I think its just a matter of finding them. Sweet movies though huh!
Guiseppe
:asian:

Fail you suck the movie was awsome. =-p

I'd always assumed Jedi were kenpo artists. It's why I taped my kali sticks green....

I think Lucas had Kali influences in the yoda fight. who knows it would have been neat to see yoda perform "bowing to budda"

A different movie, but the Bourne Identity seemed to have alot of kenpo in it as well.

I didn't see any STRUCTURED kenpo in Episode II, but the priciples of circular actions and continuity are certainly evident in the Jedi fighting style, though Yoda wastes a lot of energy with the flipping and flying, he could have conserved some of the that motion and directed his ecergy better into the actual strikes of his sabre...

Yoda expends no energy... He uses the Force to fuel his movements, thus conserving while making use of...

And in the Bourne Identity, the actor was using FMA, not Kenpo (though in the end, its all the same anyway... All are One).

Gambarimasu.
:asian:

Pardon my ignorance of Kenpo, but how could you really tell if they're using Kenpo, or any particular art in a movie? Punches, kicks, and sword (light sabre) slashes aren't that different across arts.

Actors can be trained by a Kenpoist, but can any one art claim exclusivity over techniques?

Originally posted by Zepp
Pardon my ignorance of Kenpo, but how could you really tell if they're using Kenpo, or any particular art in a movie? Punches, kicks, and sword (light sabre) slashes aren't that different across arts.

Actors can be trained by a Kenpoist, but can any one art claim exclusivity over techniques?
Tis true....a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick...

I don't know about that. The fist made in Kenpo and delivery of the punch is different than that of JKD practicioners which is different than Aikido...
If the principles of AK weren't sound then why study that art as opposed to any other.

Probably alot of the Jedi stunt-persons have Kenpo training. I know that Ray Park who played Darth Maul is a British Wu Shu Champion. (I'd love to see him and Jet Li fight in a movie.)

Back