Kenpo blk belt by mail

teej

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I was surfing "Kenpo" stuff on e-bay and found a "get your kenpo black belt by mail" package. It even advertises that your black belt by mail can be verified through them by any government or law enforcement agency. In fact, this home study blk blt will be listed on their associations site with all their other blk belts with no reference being made to you getting your black belt by mail. Their site implies you can train by mail all the way to 9th dan. You can check it out at www.usaselfdefensecenters.com.

So what do you think about this? I have my own opinions, but this is moderated and I want to be nice. Well I don't want to be rash, so I won't comment at this time.

I guess I am more concerned with the quality of kenpo black belt this kind of program might turn out. Oh, and their crest appears to be a knock off of Mr. Parkers crest. (of course, there are many out there like that these days.) I guess being concerned someone with a home study blk belt and an American Kenpo looking patch could be associated with what I teach, is a personal problem I need to deal with. ( heck it still bothers me to attend seminars with people there wearing a solid bar and one or two stripes, 6th & 7th degrees, that don't know the Parker system) {maybe I'll start a thread on that topic}

So what do you think about mail order/home study courses?

Yours in Kenpo,
Teej

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I checked out the Website.

If it is that easy why did Mr. Trejo, Tatum and the rest have to work so hard? just kidding.

I consider this stuff dangerous.

Here is my reason. Remember when you were a yellow or orange you thought you were all "that" but you had people in the dojo to keep you grounded. getting your Black Belt at home without any kind of physical interaction with another person is dangerous.

If you are using it to suplement some training you have had before then I can see it (If there are no schools near you).

Thanks
Rick

S

superdave

If it's good enough for Adrian Roman, it's good enough for me!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Has anyone ever met a BBBM at a tournament? How did they do?

I am not saying a tournament is the ultimate judge on how good a martial artist you are but it is a pretty good judge.

Has anyone out there received his or her BBBM? Can some enlighten me that is on the other side of this fence?

Thanks
Rick

Latest Discussions