Ken vs Tito

Who's it going to be?

• Shamrock

• Ortiz

Results are only viewable after voting.

FuriousGeorge

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Tito for sure...his endurance is far superior. If Ken wins, it'll be early on, but I think Tito's game is superior standing, ground and clinch.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like Ken. Always have. I feel he has been a pioneer and driving force in the growing popularity of MMA. But this isn't a popularity contest. He has little chance in this one.

SUPERMAN .45

White Belt
Reaction score
I like Ken he's a good and tough fighter but age is his problem, unless he knocks out Tito on the first round. It's going to be a good fight goodluck to both fighters.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
However, never count out Shamrock. He may just pull out a
wild crazy leg bar or something.

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com

While I agree that anything is possible and that one needs to respect that option, Ken is not Randy C who was also 42, but Ken's work out ethics at his age are not the same.

In TUF 3, he would just stand there and watch and relive is wins and show his tapes but not work his guys. I agree with one needs to imagine what can happpen and see themselves winning, but one also needs to practice the basics and do it for real, and not just do it your mind only with no practice.

While I do not like Tito, I have learned to respect him a little, and I do not and have not liked Ken, I make these comments in as objective a mindset I can.

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This stuff needs a new Gracie. They were the best and still can win if they send a new member to the ring:) .

James Clifton

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Did anyone else see ORTIZ TRAINING on SPIKE??The guys he was training with were HIS picks from the SHOW.I wasn't impressed with what he did.SHAMROCK WAS NEXT,guys he WANTS this MORE than ORTIZ!! AGE....we shall see.I still like him for two rounds.ORTIZ....I was looking for....something!! I didn't see it! Or perhaps...he just showed what he WANTED people to see!!
Be safe,
Jim

jstreet

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Ortiz all the way. Younger, faster, stronger, and more capable at this point. Both in their prime would be a different story I think. Tito signed a three fight contract with the 3rd fight being a title match if he won the first two. Forrest was the first fight and he turned out to be a pretty good opponent. He is up and coming. They are setting Shamrock up as the second fight because Ken doesn't have much left in the tank, and that is the biggest money fight the UFC has to offer right now and it is a good lead in to the Tito vs Chuck rematch. I am picking Titon in this one, and in the rematch against Liddell, you heard it here first.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Street Brawler said:
This stuff needs a new Gracie. They were the best and still can win if they send a new member to the ring:) .

Having seen a recent UFC remember show on Spike they highlighted Royce, and his early fights. They pointed out that his elbows to the back of the head and also his palm shots to the back of the head, and his finger manipualtions to pry open a hand are no longer allowed.

I also noted that in the beginning ones those who struck did not strike on teh ground they were lost. Those that grappled were not used to being on their back and also not used to being hit on the ground.

Not saying that another could not step in do something, but the game has changed from what their art has been practicing for a long time.

No disrespect to the Gracie family. But I would be very upset with Dana White and the UFC if one was just allowed to walk in and not do what everyone else has to do which is do some preliminary fights.

Back on topic, I watched a show that showed them both Ken and Tito and Ken does seem hungry and no longer lost like he was on drugs look he has had for a long time. If he shows up it could be a fight, but I still have my money on Tito. ;)

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:
Having seen a recent UFC remember show on Spike they highlighted Royce, and his early fights. They pointed out that his elbows to the back of the head and also his palm shots to the back of the head, and his finger manipualtions to pry open a hand are no longer allowed.

I also noted that in the beginning ones those who struck did not strike on teh ground they were lost. Those that grappled were not used to being on their back and also not used to being hit on the ground.

Not saying that another could not step in do something, but the game has changed from what their art has been practicing for a long time.

No disrespect to the Gracie family. But I would be very upset with Dana White and the UFC if one was just allowed to walk in and not do what everyone else has to do which is do some preliminary fights.

Back on topic, I watched a show that showed them both Ken and Tito and Ken does seem hungry and no longer lost like he was on drugs look he has had for a long time. If he shows up it could be a fight, but I still have my money on Tito. ;)

Yes, any Gracie that stepped in now should have to fight his way to the top. They should have to prove just like everyone else that they can compete with the best. (baring Rickson deciding to come out of retirement)

Brian R. VanCise

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Brian R. VanCise said:
Yes, any Gracie that stepped in now should have to fight his way to the top. They should have to prove just like everyone else that they can compete with the best. (baring Rickson deciding to come out of retirement)

Brian R. VanCise

I still think Rickson should have at least one Prilimanary fight. It would go a long way for credibility. In my opinion that is. :)

Knarfan

Green Belt
Reaction score
Tito. I don't think that Ken can stop Tito from taking him down. The only style that seems to give Tito trouble is either a guy who is next to impossible to take down like Chuck Liddell or a guy who is a better grappler (ground & pounder) like Cotour. Shamrock is a great all around fighter but....

Shogun

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Who do you figure more deserves to have Chuck hand them their ***? ;)
If Tito wins, he won't be fighting chuck because Babalu is gonna show liddell what "well rounded" really means. better wrestling, better Jiu-jitsu, better Muay Thai, better boxing.

I want Shamrock to win this one. I thought he looked great against franklin (who is a MUCH smarter fighter than "Titties") until he slipped. and I don't think Tito would of capitolized on sham slipping either. he would probably layed on him. so yes Tito, I do admire you, but I hope you get Kneebarred. that would be sweet. a shamrock leglock victory for old-times sake.

Street Brawler

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Rich Parsons said:

So you mean that the surprise element was the key that the Gracies had to victory. You got a point pal:) .

lll000000lll

Green Belt
Reaction score
as good and well rounded a fighter as Ken is, but im gonna have to go with Tito, his conditioning surpasses Kens. but then again anything can happen in a fight. look what happend when it was shamrock vs Keno. one knee in the 1st 20 seconds of the fight, bam knockout

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
lll000000lll said:
as good and well rounded a fighter as Ken is, but im gonna have to go with Tito, his conditioning surpasses Kens. but then again anything can happen in a fight. look what happend when it was shamrock vs Keno. one knee in the 1st 20 seconds of the fight, bam knockout

The Tito/Shamrock fight was fought on the 8th, hunt around on some of vid sites and you might be able to find a copy of it, it was rather short....

Lamont

Latest Discussions