UFC Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock

Reaction score
well tito ortiz and ken shamrock had another grudge fight to settle a 7 year rivalry , and to be honest i was disapointed , for a month i was wating for this match and i hoped it would be good , well , it was , but it only lasted 1 min 18 secs! ortiz took shamrock down about 30 secs into the match and after a few secs hit him with 5 hard elbows (well i saw a slow motion replay from a diferent veiw and ortiz hit shamrock with a 6th elbow just as the referee pulled him off) , after the 1st one shamrock went "completely limp" at ortiz put it and he kept hittin him in the face and the ref pulled him off and called the match a TKO , however shamrock (dazed) at the end insisted he could have carried on , however its obvious he couldent.

and comments/arguments on the fight welcome

chris

gillpad

White Belt
Reaction score
Hmm...have you noticed the "ken talks stoppage" thread? There is some mention of this very subject...!
-

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The descriptions of this fight remind me of the blind men describing an elephant.

gillpad

White Belt
Reaction score
crushing said:
The descriptions of this fight remind me of the blind men describing an elephant.

This metaphor might find itself more comfortable somewhere else. I don't really see how it fits the original post, to which I assume it alludes..

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
gillpad said:
This metaphor might find itself more comfortable somewhere else. I don't really see how it fits the original post, to which I assume it alludes..

It may be more comfortable elsewhere, but it's fine here too, thanks.

The same fight has been described very differently by different observers.

gillpad

White Belt
Reaction score
The fight has also been percieved in ways that do no justice to the blind man describing the elephant metaphor; this view is the view of many, so your implication pertains not only to Chris's original thread.

crushing

Grandmaster
Reaction score
gillpad said:
The fight has also been percieved in ways that do no justice to the blind man describing the elephant metaphor; this view is the view of many, so your implication pertains not only to Chris's original thread.

You are correct; my implication can pertain to more things than the original thread.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I will say it again. Shamrock's recent fight's have been so bad
and one sided that he needs to retire. I never want to watch
him fight again! (I just take no pleasure in seeing him humiliated
yet again)

By the way I like Ken!
icon10.gif

Brian R. VanCise
www.instinctiveresponsetraining.com