Karate Tournament ...My sons Highlights Video

busta

White Belt
Reaction score
My son put in 100 % ...proud dad ! Fred has spent 4 years getting to this point ...i know he dosnt have a real traditional karate style ...he also does Muay Thai which is evident as you will see in his style ...but it is what it is ...i hope you enjoy the vid.( He is wearing the blue gloves )

Last edited:

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Enjoyed the video.....hope to see and hear more on how he progresses. I have a 12 year old that trains and competes....always fun to watch the kids come up and watch how they progress.

Welcome to the board.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
My son put in 100 % ...proud dad ! Fred has spent 4 years getting to this point ...i know he dosnt have a real traditional karate style ...he also does Muay Thai which is evident as you will see in his style ...but it is what it is ...i hope you enjoy the vid.( He is wearing the blue gloves )
Great job. He is very relaxed and fluid in his moves.

OP
busta

busta

White Belt
Reaction score
Enjoyed the video.....hope to see and hear more on how he progresses. I have a 12 year old that trains and competes....always fun to watch the kids come up and watch how they progress.

Welcome to the board.

Welcome to the board.
First thanks for the welcome ....secondly Jacob is quick and has those side kicks nailed ! ...enjoyed watched and subscribed
Thankyou

OP
busta

busta

White Belt
Reaction score
Great job. He is very relaxed and fluid in his moves.
Thanks dcochran !!!! im know im biased so its nice to hear that im not just looking through DAD eyes when i think hes doing good :)
have a good day mate .

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
How old is he? Excellent job. He’s fluid and relaxed in his sparring.

My only suggestion - he leans back every time before he kicks. Higher skilled opponents will pick up on it and give him a harder time.

It’s great to see kids training hard, having success, and enjoying it as your sons appears to. Best of luck to him with it.

OP
busta

busta

White Belt
Reaction score
How old is he? Excellent job. He’s fluid and relaxed in his sparring.

My only suggestion - he leans back every time before he kicks. Higher skilled opponents will pick up on it and give him a harder time.

It’s great to see kids training hard, having success, and enjoying it as your sons appears to. Best of luck to him with it.
He is 10 JR ....and yes mate i agree ...there is work to be done . Many thanks for the input ...JR and you have a great day !

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool but I don't see any Muay Thai in the way he fights his kicks look taekwondo like to me

OP
busta

busta

White Belt
Reaction score
Cool but I don't see any Muay Thai in the way he fights his kicks look taekwondo like to me
He hasnt done Taekwondo before mate...just Karate and Muay Thai ...he has kind of combined the 2 ..he is a bit looser than traditional karate ..
But i see your point ...those little legs are like rubber bands.
Cheers Headhunter and have a good day .