Kali!

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
Alright, I'm an intermideate in KAli, and i say it ish teh funnest thing ever! I've seen lots of knife fighting forms, and this is definentally my fave. Anyone else take Kali?

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have been doing a little Kali for nearly a year now and I enjoy it a lot too! We have a small group of 3-4 guys who get together every week and train. Good guys and good training!

Take Care,

Miles

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
manderz1809 said:
Alright, I'm an intermideate in KAli, and i say it ish teh funnest thing ever! I've seen lots of knife fighting forms, and this is definentally my fave. Anyone else take Kali?

Yea, it's a lot of fun,entertaining and can be quite a cut up with a heart pounding adreline rush.

As Arnisador's signature advertises, take a look at FMA Talk.

Danny Terrell

OP
manderz1809

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
Oh, thankya guys! It's so nice to have people that know what I'm talking about.

kroh

Brown Belt
Reaction score
AS was said previously you should chck out http://fmatalk.com for some comprehensive talk on the subject. One of the greatest benefit I have seen from Kali (arnis, escrima) during my training is that most systems try and build in genuine fighting discipline from the word go. Very practical that way. Just keep in mind that Although from the Philipine Islands, Kali has as many variations in the PI as it does in the United States. Pekiti Tersia might look similar to Modern Arnis on the surface, but those in the know might say they are worlds apart (not better, just different in application).

Have you taken up with an instructor yet ?

Regards,
Walt

Wes Tasker

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Danny-

and can be quite a cut up with a heart pounding adreline rush.

That's what I like about your humor, there's an edge to it that always gets to the point of the matter. Gee, I wonder who we study with??? Maybe there should be a place in the blue book for humor contradas :) .

-wes tasker

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wes Tasker said:
Danny-

That's what I like about your humor, there's an edge to it that always gets to the point of the matter. Gee, I wonder who we study with??? Maybe there should be a place in the blue book for humor contradas :) .

-wes tasker

Yea, We do tend to slice it thick, quick and often.:cheers:

OP
manderz1809

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
Yah, you're right! I'll be sure to check out the FMA forum as well.

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I envy you. I did Kali for about 3 months, and then had to move. And where I am now, there is no FMA within a 2 hour drive.

OP
manderz1809

manderz1809

White Belt
Reaction score
It's good to know....I mean, even though there are a lot of people out there who take the art of kali...around here it...isn't even common. Well, martial arts aren't common around here. It really sux ><

Latest Discussions