Kajukembo in Phoenix, AZ?

AZpower

White Belt
Reaction score
are there any schools in phoenix or scottsdale, AZ? I live in scottsdale/north phoenix. I am looking for a hard style school.

OP
A

AZpower

White Belt
Reaction score
My thanks, Mr. Bishop! They are a bit aways from me but I will go check them out and see if the distance and traffic will be a problem to get to the school and take some classes.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Here's some more:

Chandler-Gilbert Community College Pecos Campus in Chandler
Tues/Thurs 7:00 - 9:00 PM instructed by Sifu Randy Ong
Mesa Community College Main Campus at Southern and Dobson in Mesa Mesa Community College Red Mountain Campus in Mesa Sat 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM instructed by Sibak Hugo Dittfach

Private Instruction by Sifu Randy Ong 472 W Sagebrush St · Gilbert, AZ · 85233
480 545-8019
[email protected]

K.S.D.I. of Hawaii (AZ. Branch) Chief Instructor:
Sifu Wes Infiesto Asst. Instructors:
Sibak Erik Infiesto, Sisook Bailee Bauman, Sisook John Hinson, Sisook Phillip McGrath Location:
3841 E. Baseline Rd.
Gilbert, AZ 85215 USA
Phone #:
(480) 634-8754 Class Times:
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thr Fri Sat 7:30p - 9:30p 7:30p - 9:30p 7:30p - 9:30p Description:
Emperado Method "Original Hard Style" under the guidance of Prof. Clarence Luna Emperado K.S.D.I. of HI

Andrew Evans

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I apologize for not catching this sooner, but I want to give a quick plug for Lim's Hawaii Kenpo Karate.

I visited it in Feb of 2006 during their Ohana celebration. It was a very good facility, the students, instructors, and owners are very nice. (Thank you again for your hospitality Professor George Lim and Sigung Patrice Lim).

As for the other locations, I haven't been there and can't comment either way.

Draugauth

White Belt
Reaction score
Any of the schools in the Phoenix, AZ area that follow GM Sotelo's teachings? Fi Kuen if memory serves?

I only got to train with him a few times but I really enjoyed that style of training. IE Nit and gritty ;)

I have tried contacting him a few times since moving to AZ to check on him and see if his foot has healed up but he hasn't responded to the voice mails yet.

Keith

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Any of the schools in the Phoenix, AZ area that follow GM Sotelo's teachings? Fi Kuen if memory serves?

I only got to train with him a few times but I really enjoyed that style of training. IE Nit and gritty ;)

I have tried contacting him a few times since moving to AZ to check on him and see if his foot has healed up but he hasn't responded to the voice mails yet.

Keith

He's got a couple instructors in Yuma under him. Don't think he has anyone in the Phoenix area.

Draugauth

White Belt
Reaction score
Well I got in touch with GM Sotelo tonight. He has a few students that live in the Phoenix valley that he is going to put me in touch with. Also found out he will be coming down to Gilbert, a suburb of Phoenix, in October for a seminar.

Again thank you GM Bishop for your help. I just wanted to give you an update.

K831

Black Belt
Reaction score
West Valley, Phoenix and the entire East valley are chuck full of Kaju/Kenpo/Kempo schools. Many of them are word of mouth advertising and often unlisted, which can make it a challenge to track them down. I have been into Lim's school, KajuAZ and NAK, as well as a few other Kaju schools in the area.

Latest Discussions