Just out of curiosity, how many people here are Krav Maga instructors? Students?

Spork3245

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Or planning to become an instructor? I'm having a small spark of curiosity to see the student-to-instructor ratio on this board - no real reason, just curious. :)
Also, what organization is your Krav school affiliated with and where is it? (Posting this info could also help support your school!)

I'll start: I've been an instructor for almost 2 years now, I represent the IKMA (Israeli Krav Maga Association) at the Official IKMA-US training center located in NJ.
:)

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I am instructor with the IKMF (International Krav Maga Federation) in Houston, Texas. We actually have 3 locations. Katy, Bellaire, and Sugar Land. Our school's name is Texas Krav Maga. I have been an instructor for almost a year now and I was certified by Gabi Noah and Avi Moyal.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or planning to become an instructor? I'm having a small spark of curiosity to see the student-to-instructor ratio on this board - no real reason, just curious. :)
Also, what organization is your Krav school affiliated with and where is it? (Posting this info could also help support your school!)

I'll start: I've been an instructor for almost 2 years now, I represent the IKMA (Israeli Krav Maga Association) at the Official IKMA-US training center located in NJ.

Sadly, there is no, what I would consider, quality Krav Maga in my area. The closest schools would be NYC (KMF) or NJ (IKMA) Would I become a teacher? Sure, if I was under the proper guidance. :)

harold

Green Belt
Reaction score

I train at KMWW in Memphis, Tn.
Enjoyed the video clip and I have the David Kahn books. Any idea when the DVD will be released?

kior

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a student, train in London with the IKMF for coming up to 3 years. Currently graded P4.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have had quite a bit of Krav instruction but would not consider myself a student of the art nor am I interested in becoming an instructor!

masherdong

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

I am instructor with the IKMF (International Krav Maga Federation) in Houston, Texas. We actually have 3 locations. Katy, Bellaire, and Sugar Land. Our school's name is Texas Krav Maga. I have been an instructor for almost a year now and I was certified by Gabi Noah and Avi Moyal.

I am revising my reply. Since this reply, I am now an instructor under Eyal Yanilov with Krav Maga Global (KMG) and have been an instructor for 2 years now. I have my own school in the Houston area.

Last edited:

astrobiologist

Brown Belt
Reaction score
My girlfriend, my roommate, and myself all just joined Colorado Krav Maga in Broomfield, Colorado. After all of my years training in other martial arts, I'm super excited to train in Krav Maga. The classes so far are fun, intense, and full of good technique.

Kong Soo Do

IKSDA Director
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been an instructor since around 2000. Enjoyed the training. I use elements of it in MSK KSD.

Zenjael

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've trained in Krav Maga for about 6 years. I enjoy it very much. I'm rather short, and have a bit of aggression tied with high speed, so I've found the art very suitable to my own personal methos for contact combat.

rudai123

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a student of around 6 months for an IKMF school in Columbia MD. Like it a lot.

DarkShadowfax

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I'm a student training @ Protect Invest, the Netherlands. Been training for about 3 years now, although I had to take it easy last year because of a MCL injury.
We used to be affiliated with Krav Maga Worldwide, but somewhere this year we moved to IKMF.

Cali Gal

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm a student, have studied for a few years with various schools in NYC and CA. Have done a few classes with Dana Kaplan in San Diego and Danny Zelig in SF. I've been to the IKMF school here in NYC and checked out a few other schools as well. Not sure if I'm ready to become an instructor - considering an instructor course with IKMF or KMG one day. Can anyone recommend a good instructor course?

Latest Discussions