July 19th, Athol, MA schedule

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
The 2003 New England Martial Arts Festival is just a few days away... July 19! The event will be held in Athol, MA.

Events will be taking place simultaneously in several areas all day long. Scheduled demonstrations and seminars at the 'main stage' will consist of the following:
Mr. Sheldon Bedell - Sikaran
Mr. Arthur Sennott - Systema
Mr. Allan Libbey - Shoalin Kenpo
Mr. Mark Davis - Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu
Mr. Nick Spiro - Chinese Goju
MR. Mike Eschenbrenner - Shorin Ryu
MR. Wayne St. Jaques - Sikaran/women's self defense
Master George Chartier - Sikaran

We will also be having a few 'suprise guests' arrive to give demonstrations... we still have a few people who are working hard to clear thier schedules in order to appear.

The 'secondary stages' will host a wide variety a events, including children's self defense seminars, a seminar regarding Law Enforcment issues related to martial arts, a possible demo of primative hunting weapons and techniques, and many more activities.

There will also be a meet/greet session during the lunch break for instructors and guests from Martial Talk.

The entire event is free to the public! Maps and directions are available at http://sikaran.net . If you have any questions, send email or pm, or contact [email protected]

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
HEY<
I'm the one putting this togeather Who said i was doing anything:D

Actualy a couple of the presenters have said that they want to teach ( hold class) so many of us will be learning and doing a few things through out the day.

NOT doing anything on Sat and are in the area Stop by If it's ONLY to say hello.

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Looks like were heading to Athol, my daughter kayla wants me to close the school saturday and take her to see all the demos.

I look foward to meeting you folks.

Yours in the Arts,

Dan Brady

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
So what time do the activities start, I'm thinking of taking a ride up from CT and don't want to miss anything.
Sean

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I tracked down the times on your website. Is there any chance you could post a tentative schedule of the demos if you have one?
Thanks,
Sean

OP
grimfang

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
oops. My apologies for failing to post info on estimated times for specific events. Here is the schedule for the primary area of events. This is tenative, subject to change.

9:00 Sikaran
9:45 systema
10:30 shaolin kenpo
11:15 shorin ryu
12:00 lunch
12:30 instructor’s meeting/discussion
1:00 Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu
1:45 chinese goju
2:30 pai lum kajukenbo
3:15 Sikaran

Mace

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, looks like I'll try and be there first thing in the morning. Please introduce yourself if you get the chance, I'll be in the AKKI t-shirt if that helps.
See ya tomorrow hopefully,
Sean

OP
grimfang

grimfang

Green Belt
Reaction score
Feel free to bring something you can workout in! It looks like the majority of the day will be 'open participation' classes! Spectators are also welcome, but everyone is encouraged to join in.

E

Elfan

I'll be in a Kenpo 2000 T-shirt of some sort.

Look forward to seeing you then.

D_Brady

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What a great day of working out, also the brother and sisterhood.

I want to thank everyone who put it together and Grimfang for helping demo some live blade material, you rock.

We were all made to feel like part of the family, thank you.

Respectfully Dan Brady.

Latest Discussions