John Whitman and Krav Maga Alliance

blp03

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know why John Whitman left KMWW and what is history of Krav Maga Alliance. It seems that there are a lot of politics involved in krav maga so it's hard to wade through what's legit and what's commercial. Thanks.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I have no idea. Could have been a falling out with Darren. Could have been that he just wanted to go out on his own. But you're correct...there are politics in pretty much every art, Krav Maga not excluded. In my area, I have a KMWW affiliate school. Also within a few hours drive/train ride, I have 2 other orgs, 1 the KMF and the other the IKMA. IMHO, there seems to be less 'drama' for lack of better words, with those orgs., but again, thats just my opinion.

mattjans

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don't know the details, and have only come to Krav Maga through John's new school (Alliance, in Culver City). I love the training there, but have no other Krav experience to compare it to. Any Krav would've probably been eye-opening over my traditional MA experience, but I also really like the low-formality, low-BS attitude and approach of Alliance. All the staff are friendly, and coaches are great. John teaches a lot of classes himself (even beginnier), which is awesome! Not just to have the head of the org and one of the most experienced people teaching you, but he's a great teacher, too! I recommend the school to everyone I know who's interested.

Can tell you more about my experiences off-line if interested.

Latest Discussions