JKD Question

angelariz

Green Belt
Reaction score
The finger jab is Western sword fencing without a sword and the primary target is your opponent's eyes. Tao of Jeet Kune Do pg 100. The idea of a stop hit comes from fencing.
Exactly, the side kick as well. Fencing with hands and feet.

SuperSnakeCrane87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think originally the 3 where Wing Chun, Fencing, and Boxing....

but like everything else it is a fusion of whatever direction you are coming from

Thunder Foot

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello,
Wing Chun, Boxing, Fencing
Was there any other martial arts that influenced the ORIGINAL/Bruces, style of JKD?
In my humble opinion, take it for what its worth ($0.02)... I don't believe so. This may go against the grain of what everyone else probably says but the art's principles are based on a specific set of bladed weapon arts. Throughout its refinement this never stopped being the case, so any individual technique adopted from outside had to either fit the principles criteria or be refined to meet them in order to function within the framework.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In my humble opinion, take it for what its worth ($0.02)... I don't believe so. This may go against the grain of what everyone else probably says but the art's principles are based on a specific set of bladed weapon arts. Throughout its refinement this never stopped being the case, so any individual technique adopted from outside had to either fit the principles criteria or be refined to meet them in order to function within the framework.

Didn't Bruce Lee do some things with Gene Lebell?

Latest Discussions