Jewish children shot dead in France

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A gunman has opened fire at a Jewish school in France, there's been other shootings at well there this week after ethnic minorities have been targeted and killed.
"A teacher at the school, believed to be aged 30, and his two children, aged three and six, are reported to have been killed.
The third child killed was aged between eight and 10 years old and belonged to another teacher at the school, French media report.
A 17-year-old was seriously injured.
"[The gunman] shot at everything he could see, children and adults, and some children were chased into the school," local prosecutor Michel Valet said."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17426313

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't like the sound of that one bit. :(

Thanks for sharing the story.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid it sounds like one of those National Front/Right Wing things as the soldiers who were killed were from North African and Caribbean origins. To go to a school however and target young children is beyond contempt, beyond belief. I grieve for such young lives snuffed out.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Worse part for me is thast when I heard the news I felt sadness and anger, but not surprise. It was one more attack on a Jewish institution.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Worse part for me is thast when I heard the news I felt sadness and anger, but not surprise. It was one more attack on a Jewish institution.

I'm not certain it was an attack on Jews specifically, or rather, it was specifically religious or ethnic minorities which included Jews.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17428860

If these attacks are connected, it would appear ethnic Arabs (Muslims?) were targeted first.

The whole thing sounds like Norway to me. But we have scant details yet.

So sorry for all the victims.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I know. But the sad part is that hearing of jewish institurtions being hit is no longer shocking.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I know. But the sad part is that hearing of jewish institurtions being hit is no longer shocking.

Dunno where you are sitting at...but around here it's not exactly the norm.
Unlike schools being shot up though.

And here is the sick part about modern life: We ague about what institution is being shot up more than others.

It really does not matter why.

It is a sad and tragic day.

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is to be a election in France in a couple of months and the politicians are campaigning like mad. Sarkozy however is looking to the hard right wing for support, this is the National Front, anti immigrant, anti black, anti Semitic, anti Islamic lot. Sarkozy is right wing anyway but looking to the supporters of Le Pen is to stir trouble in France which isn't the most racially tolerant of countries to say the least.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/11/nicolas-sarkozy-french-elections-2012

However, that's not to say it's not an Islamist attack, to kill soldiers who may have been Muslims may mean they have been thought of as 'traitors'. There is a warning of incresed terrorist attacks http://www.thejc.com/news/israel-news/63672/israel-global-terror-wave-has-just-begun

The victims of the school shooting have been named. http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news/65338/police-probe-links-french-jewish-school-shooting

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It could very well be an extreme leftist anti-semite.

http://www.paulbogdanor.com/antisemitism.html

and also the racist left might be at work as well...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/feb/17/eugenics-skeleton-rattles-loudest-closet-left

Of course it still could be a radical muslim terrorist as well, only time and catching the killer will tell...

The French police however think it's a right wing serial killer. Anti Semites tend not to kill West Indians which one of the Paratroopers killed was.

The last link has nothing to do with the OP.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Left wing right wing Blah Blah why cant it just be a crazy nut job neither left or right wing main stream people would support this.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
The French police however think it's a right wing serial killer.

[h=1]Shooting suspect says he'll surrender[/h] Published: March. 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM

TOULOUSE, France, March 21 (UPI) -- Police said the suspect in the deaths of seven people in southwestern France agreed to surrender Wednesday as a funeral in Israel was held for four victims.

Police surrounded a house in Toulouse, trying to coax the 24-year-old suspect in the Monday shootings in front of a Jewish school as well as the shooting deaths of three French paratroopers of north African descent last week.

Several media outlets reported the man said he would surrender later Wednesday.

Police said the suspect told them he has ties to al-Qaida and wanted to "take revenge for Palestinian children" killed in the Middle East, France 24 reported.

Shots fired from inside the house -- in the Cote Pavee neighborhood, about 2 miles south of the Jewish school -- injured two officers, police said.

The raid by elite special operations police began around 3:30 a.m. (10:30 p.m. EDT Tuesday), police said.

The unidentified suspect -- who French Interior Minister Claude Gueant said was a French national of Algerian origin who spent considerable time in Afghanistan and Pakistan -- was barricaded, talking to police from behind a door of the house.

CNN quoted officials as saying the suspect belonged to a jihadist group called Forsane Alizza (Knights of Glory). The French government banned the group in January for trying to recruit people to fight in Afghanistan.

Police tried to get the suspect's mother to talk to him but she refused, saying she had very little contact with him, Gueant told reporters.

Police arrested the suspect's brother, who had been inside the house, officials said.

The suspect told police negotiators the Jewish school killings and the shooting deaths of three French soldiers in recent days, were meant to avenge the deaths of Palestinian children and to protest French involvement in the Afghanistan war, Gueant said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-N...render/UPI-44031332306000/print#ixzz1pknUTeOR

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted up what the French press and ours for that matter was saying, in my OP I said the killer was targetting ethnic minorities...North african, a West Indian and Jewish people. France is in the throes of an election where the Ultra Right Wing led by Marine La Pen is stirring up a lot of hatred for ethnic minorotiesnot hat it needs much stirring there. It would suit the French authorities especially Sarkozy if the killer wasn't white, French and Roman Catholic. We'll see. Muslims in France are very unhappy at having two Muslims shot dead, they are also sad at the deaths of children one of which, the little girl the killer caught by her hair, shot her but the gun failed so he got out another and shot her execution style as he did the two small boys. A soldier and another child were badly injured and still recovering. It wasn't a spray of bullets from a distance this was a shot in the head killing. Whether he really is Al Queada or a common criminal remains to be seen, he certainly has a criminal record and has been in the sights of police for a while. I'd be surprised if the gunman isn't shot dead though, the French police aren't known for their caring side shall we say.

The Rabbi his children and the little girl were buried today in Israel.

Plotics in France often erupt in violence, the national Front is equally loved and hated. It supports Assad in Syria, wants all immigrants gone out of France legal ones as well and is known for it's links to the Uk national Front as well as other extremist right wing organisations. It's not right wing as you would know right wing in America, this is the Ultra Right Wingers who are rascist, nationalist and violent. It belittles the Holocaust as well as campaigning against ethnic minorities. I'm not sure you can understand the hate tbh I really don't think you have the same nazi type politicans.

http://www.france24.com/en/category/tags-th%C3%A9matiques/national-front-party-france

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've not commented on this news yet, primarily because it upset me too much, particularly publishing the pictures of the children; that just broke my heart. How could any man do such a thing and still consider himself a human being, let alone a man?

I have been keeping up to date with the news but Tez has done a sterling job of passing on the coverage so I didn't want to just duplicate.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Up until now, the press seemed to be making way too much of an effort to paint this murderer as a non-Muslim, especially pointing out that some of the murder victims were North Africans. Perhaps someone should mention to the press, that Muslim on Muslim violence is quite common, much of how black on black violence is quite common here.

If anything, this reminds me of the "DC Sniper" from several years ago, where the idiotic chief of police, Moose, kept insisting that his assertion about the shooter being a white male driving a van was the truth, when it was really a black male driving a sedan (John Allen Muhammed). That blunder alone, wasted much valuable time.

The French police were barking up the wrong tree in a similar manner...

http://www.timesofisrael.com/france-clears-three-neo-nazi-suspects-in-jewish-school-shooting/

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The French police are well French, they don't let little things like truth get in the way. There is a tremendous amount of Arab gang violence in the south of France from Lyon down, you have to be very careful driving down not to be stopped by bandits. My usual thing is to keep an old handbag in the front of the car, with an old wallet with a 50 Euro note in front of some paper cut out and some old out of date credit cards and a couple of things like a comb etc to make it look used. They can take than and run. Walking around certain areas is dangerous as knife gangs are quite common. They aren't Muslim gangs as such they are Arabs criminals. However the police do target Arab communities in places like Marseille, Paris etc there is a disproportionate amount of Arabs arrested for minor things even nothing at all. If the CRS are around they don't arrest they beat people up, I've seen it in St Tropez they really aren't bothered where they do this. often just the sight of the CRS will start violent demonstrations. Arabs are really quite despised in France, I imagine that many newspapers are playing down the killer as being Arab because it will start riots again. Not all the Arabs in France are Muslim, many are Christian who've left North Africa to escape persecution or just for a perceived better life. Algeria however has a long and bloody history with France who still interferes in Algerian politics preventing an Arab Spring there among others things. The suspect is of Algerian descent.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/europe/2012/03/20123214219458757.html

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So much for the "right wing" theory...

It is hard to tell religion when someone is in a uniform. The guy saw the uniform, not the religion.

The authorities said that considering what they know so far they will relegate this to
--work place violence
--"pre"- traumatic stress disorder
--amorphous mental illness symptoms...

then they stated...nothing to see here, please move along...

OP
Tez3

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for the "right wing" theory...

It is hard to tell religion when someone is in a uniform. The guy saw the uniform, not the religion.

The authorities said that considering what they know so far they will relegate this to
--work place violence
--"pre"- traumatic stress disorder
--amorphous mental illness symptoms...

then they stated...nothing to see here, please move along...

What uniforms? The one the Rabbi was wearing, the school uniform the children were wearing? The paratroopers one of whom was black the other three Arabic, not all of them were in uniform. What authorities? I suggest you know little about French authorities if you think 'mental illness' will be a defence.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-17428860

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
From Bill Mattock's post #5...
According to French newspaper Le Figaro, Sgt Ibn-Ziaten, who was not in uniform, was unwittingly waiting for his own killer.

He had posted a small ad on a website to sell a Suzuki Bandit motorcycle, and the suspected gunman had arranged a meeting with him to see it.
Sgt Ibn-Ziaten had identified himself as a soldier in the ad, posted online on 24 February.
Not in uniform but he identified himself to the killer as a soldier...

Latest Discussions