Its The End Of The World As We Know It

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I was reading links sent to me today

http://www.citizenvox.org/2011/03/09/the-cuts-wall-street-wants/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/09/senate-budget-vote_n_833395.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ed-mierzwinski/iin-the-public-interesti_b_829659.html

And then I went off and search around the web for other POV and I found myself with this song running through my head

Its The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

I then got in my car and drove to work, turned on the radio and I heard the song

Its The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel fine because I agree or disagree with any of it. I simply cannot do thing one to change it. Maybe I’m right or maybe I’m wrong but I honestly feel we are heading straight back to a world of Robber Barons and in that world the US will no longer be a major player on the world stage (and I hope I’m wrong). And while the ship of state sinks into a world of haves and have nots and world class mediocrity we are more interested in blaming the Republicans or Democrats and holding the party line for people in office that could not care less about us than we are in actually fixing anything.

So with that said….sit back, relax, watch the whole place go to hell in a hand basket…and enjoy the song

It's The End Of The World As We Know It

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Will the zombies run or shamble? That would make a big difference in ones enjoyment level, I would think.
33dd1de.jpg

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Will the zombies run or shamble? That would make a big difference in ones enjoyment level, I would think.
True that... when I watched Romero's shufflin, shambling zombies they didn't scare me... honestly... but when I saw the re-make of Dawn of the Dead with the running zombies... I was holeee crap... now those were scary (first time watching them)... I mean it's one thing to get in a car and just drive a nice 35 mph and leave those suckers in the dust... and have enough fuel to go almost all day long without worry about them following too closely behind, quite another to have them running at top speed where you can drive fast but they'll keep on running... supposedly until their feet wear off (feeling no pain).
The other type of zombies (I've heard about but not yet seen) were the thinking types... oh bruddah if matters couldn't get any worse.

Xue if you do ONE thing however small that helps change the world ... it's enough ... it should be enough to know that you at least did your part and canna be held to blame. I do a lot of volunteer stuff indoors and outdoors and while I feel like you do and wonder if it's really making a significant change... I at least know that I done something... ANYTHING... even if it's to recycle my drink cans instead of adding to the land-fills, I'm doing SOMETHING... aren't I?

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Running Zombies are really the only ones that could create the chaos and world ending trauma that you see in zombie movies. I used to think differently, enjoying the slow moving zombies, but the faster ones could be the end of civilization for quite a while. And yes, this discussion belongs in the Study because we are discussing the end of the world. THat topic would hardly fit in the "Which joint lock is your favorite?" thread.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, now that you mention it Xue Sheng, hmmm....Hot Eloi chicks, versus running Zombies. I don't think I have to spend too much time on that choice. As long as you stay away from the Morlocks, that end of the world thing might not be too bad.