it's official

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night before my class began my sambonim call me in close and trew a fast ball. Mr. Manny next febraury 23 test for third dan... OMG!!! How, where, when... I begun you pardon!! I don't get it!!! Yes Mr. Manny and 8th degree black belt friend of mine is coming for kup tests (examinations) and you will do your test.

Partialy num I asked again.... and the paper wok I have to do for test?? I don't have the time to do it well, -Don't worry Mr. Many I am taking all your comitment about giving classes and preparing the kids so the paper work is not a must!!

So Mr. Many begin practicing and honing taeguk chilyang, palyang, koryo, kungam AND Taebeck!!!

Oh boy Taebeck I know it but I have been practicing very ofthen, so I asked sambonim th help me with this relative new form and also I asked sambonim help about my kyompa.

The thing is thius way, I will have three partial examinations. febraury, april, june and in july the final test, sambonim wants to bring 8th dans to do promotions because in some how because of me!!

I have only 5 months to be ready for the final test, I have plenty things to do, I have to practice and practice and then practice again my taeguks forms and uffff well I will try to not freak out and focus, Rome was not bult in one single day.

Manny

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations, Manny! Your Sabumnim wouldn't have made the offer if he didn't think you were up to the challenge.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats and good luck. It's always good to have an immediate goal to provide focus and motivation.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats. And don't get to worked up, you will do a great job.

Art

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
congratulations, third Dan is quite an achievement. I'm sure you will do good regardless of a time limit to get it done

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
Keep a level head and you should be fine. They wouldn't ask if they didn't think you could handle it.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
congratulations, third Dan is quite an achievement. I'm sure you will do good regardless of a time limit to get it done

For me will be a BIG achievement and let tell why.

When I was a teen and got inside Karate Koreano (Korean Karate) my BIG dream was to get a black belt, in those days I didin't knew there were DAN grades, for me a Black Blet was the ultimate goal. When I reached 20 years old I got my Black Belt and thought... well mission acomplished. In 2007 when I returned to TKD my intention was to get fit and that's all then I realice I need to go for the second dan.

Today as you mentioned Third dan is for me an achievement, not so much grown men get a third dan in a martial art, and I am talking about the regular guy, you know the one with family a mortage to pay and a full job that leave almost cero time to train.

I will go for it and will do my best.

Manny

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I think it says your are worthy that your master didn't ask you but told you that you are testing. I think you have earned this sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Latest Discussions