ITF Only please

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the sine wave movement. I wonder what percentage of TKD people in the world use it? It's definitely a minority from my anecdotal experience.

OP
I

Inugami

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I cant believe no one besides me uses Jhoon Rhee's forms.

StuartA

Black Belt
Reaction score
Just to add to the pot.. there are actually two types of sine wave performed these days.. see: http://www.raynerslanetkd.com/ARTICLES_Patterns_Sinewave.html

I'm in the 'original' sine-wave camp.. now often termed 'natural motion' to diffientiate it from the newer (down/up/down) version. That said, its because thats how I learnt it, Ive no issues with the 'horizontal' patterns that people do, but dont agree with the over-emphasised version either.

Then again, I dont see patterns as a performance first, but a training tool. Looking nice at comps is secondary and a by-product IMO.

Stuart

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I cant believe no one besides me uses Jhoon Rhee's forms.

Well, you did ask ITF style people only. ITF people do Chang Hon patterns. Mr. Rhee, although at one point affiliated with the ITF, has been doing his own thing for years. Properly termed, if you learned Jhoon Rhee martial ballet as your primary set of forms, you're not really ITF either, not that it's saying much these days with the three different splinter orgs.

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
We practice both taegeuk and chong hon forms. The ITF forms are very demanding and commanding.

Latest Discussions